grow tent packages

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by greenbudkinggggggg21, Mar 1, 2015.

1. looking to spend about 500-700 for a tent with everything including fan light exaust fan and all that good stuff.  Going to be growing 2 small low-rider plants. anybody have any suggestions. only stuff I have now is a bubble bucket and a t-5. Going to take this grow a little more serious so I am thinking a 600 HPS should be good right?  

2. packages are overpriced.

I spent $300 on my 600watt setup buying the lights, tent, fan, etc. separate...

3. ok thanks ill look around and price it out like that then

4. Im actually going to use 4x4x4 plywood box, line the walls with Mylar or white paint?  Only thing i'm a little confused about is the lighting.  I currently have a t-5 but that wont really do me any good besides just starting the plants right? .  So I was thinking about getting a 600W HPS and just using that start to finish.  What will I all need with the light? and to keep the box cool so it doesn't overheat, as well odor control. It will be in the basement so its already a little damp and cool down there. inline fan,hood, and carbon scrubber etc...?

5. http://HTGSUPPLY.com

I dont know about shopping around.. you pay shipping seperate on every item then. I went to HTG's store skipped shipping bout the package. Upgraded everything in it, got a 5x5 1000w HPS tent kit , a Mother keeper kit with upgraded light package, and a shortstack veg kit for under $1200.. Buying the lights, reflectors, sockets, and HV inline fans alone would have cost $800 after shipping .. i priced it. Not to mention their tents are nice and sturdy. none of those frames that dont have the stability buttons or any of those bullshit materials. I got literally everything i would need including medium , nute kit (G.O. go box) PPM and Ph testers, and some exhale co2 bags, i literally got a full set up from germ to harvest for under $1200 didnt have to wait and everythign runs smooth with a nice warranty as well .. and they threw in a fan speed tester and pruning sheers for free via reward points. Check em out.. if your gunna do it ... do it right.. DIY is cool when you dont have it to do it. But spending the money upfront means its precise and its clean. You can buy cheap equipment online but china made shit doesnt last and its not warrantied without shipping back at your expense.. (at 20+ lbs to china is FUCKING PRICEY) so think about it. no matter where you are in the world. you can drive to buy your hydro shit. oh and that bubble set up works nice in a 5x5 .. i just sold my friends for him he loved it. Im pretty sure he cried lol.. he stepped up to a big boy system to hold the bulk of his veg room.  Oh BTW. make sure you grab a few sockets and some LED for supplement. it makes a huge dif no matter what your using. you could probably cut your cost down to one kit and get out the door for $500 if you wanted. I just went big with it because i dont like changing my mind a few months later

6. #7 killset, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    That booster fan is going to be weak. They're made to work in conjunction with another fan. It won't have the balls to turn over the air as needed for that tent. Get a real inline fan/ filter/ speed controller combo. Price it out on your own and you'll be able to add the upgrade for pretty much the same price. You'll be glad you changed it out.

7. Ok thank you I will do that. Also it has been a few years since I have attempted to grow... So I need to do touching up and refreshing on my skills... Should I get a MH bulb for the veggin process? I have about 6 female auto flowers I'm going to use. I'm going to veg them for 7-9 weeks then I'm going to switch to a hps and finish them out with that for the flowering cycle. Or can I run a 600 hps for veg/flower. Input would be respected, yes I am a rookie and I have only grew outdoors once with a crappy yield. and then a small bubble bucket grow with a t-5 years ago inside but the plant died and I didn't have time to restart. Now I'm free and want to take more time and do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I have flora Nuva nutes that are 4 years old will they still be good or should I buy new ones. This is just going to be a soil grow any inputs on soil mixes or a easy medium for a rookie grower with not much experience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum