Grow Tent Packages

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by inceptus, Feb 10, 2013.

1. What's up everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. :wave: GC seems to have the most vibrant community so I'm parked here.

I'm looking to get a 4x4 setup and hoping to get some opinions on these packages. It will be in its own room, with central A/C and access to a window.

4X4 - 600W GROW TENT STARTER PACKAGE (also available with a Sun Hut instead of Secret Jardin)

I went to their (above) brick and mortar store and the recommended setup was essentially the same, except for the following differences:

• Sun-Block Buster Reflector 6" vs. CAP Lumenaire 6" Reflector
    • CAP Digilux 1000W HPS vs. USHIO HILUX GRO AHS 600/Opti-Red 600W HPS. The guy said 2x400W would generate as much as heat as 1 1000W, so it would be better to go with the 1000. I want to minimize power draw as I don't know how much my circuit breaker can handle (need to figure this out).
    • Vortex Inline Fan 4" - 175 CFM. Not included in the online package above - $131.19
    • Vortex Inline Fan 6" - 450 CFM vs. CAP Valuline 6" Fan - 435 CFM (assuming this is for the carbon filter). I read that Vortex fans are much quieter than Valuline but I can use a muffler if it's too loud.
    • $1121.17 (after discounts) vs. $769.95. I'm a complete newb but the $450 difference doesn't seem worth it.

Other packages:

HTG Supply - HTG 600w Grow Tent Kit (never heard of MaxWing reflectors or GrowBright fans, but this package comes with soil, nutes and grow bags.)

Greners - 4'x4' Air Cooled 600W Grow Room Package - CO2 Ready

I understand piecing out my setup would be most cost-effective, but I don't know enough to do that.

Much thanks in advance to anyone who can chime in!

2. I would go with the one from greeners it looks to be better quality than the other two.. I bought a complete package they take a lot of the confusion out of setting up a first time grow.. If you can i would recommend a fan speed controller they are good for peace of mind especially if it has a temp setting on it. That way if you have to go out an leave your grow you know if it starts to get a little hot in your tent it kicks the fans up a notch an runs at your desired minimum all other times.. Good luck!

3. Thanks and repped. The eHydroponics package comes with a fan speed control without a temperature setting, but that's a good call. It's tips like these that I'm looking for, for my first grow.

Is the difference in quality worth the extra $115? I'm not even sure the difference is there. I like how the Solis Tek ballast in the cheaper eHydro package has an ignition control feature, which prevents surges and spikes and overloading your circuit breaker. It also has the C.A.P. Lumenaire reflector, which gets better reviews than the Radiant reflector in the more expensive Greners package.

4. It looks like it has just one fan included for exhausting that cooltube so the speed controller with be for running one fan relying on passive intake. My controller runs two fans so has a few more dials on it for temp and minimum setting for both intake/exhaust.. You can buy a contactor for under £20 that will protect against power surges as an option.. I havnt uses any type of cooltube before so it probably just down to personal preference, they both look to be nice hoods tho.. If your uncertain i recommend don't buy until your absolutely sure.. Looks like your doing it right so far an know what you want so keep it up an it won't be long before you start seeing returns on your investment :)