Grow Tent Negative Pressure and Plant Size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PalmPrePerson, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions.

#1. My tent has a ton of negative pressure. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a 4 inch carbon filter and exhaust fan that is creating it. I know that when it comes to carbon filters that negative pressure is good, but when is too much, too much?

I opened up a 4 inch flange for it to take air from the outside to the tent and I still have the negative pressure. Should I keep opening areas for it or is it ok? I dont want to hurt the plants.

Next.

I took clones from my previous plant. I vegged them for too long. Now they are quite tall. If they are going to double when flowering, my tent wont be tall enough for them.

What are my options?

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

This is how much room is left.

[​IMG]

Here is a inside shot. You can see all the tent walls caving in from the negative pressure as well.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help in advance everyone!

2. #2 nigthdreamer22, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
    well the big fan you have mates is more suited to a room double the size of your tent you could use a smaller one or get fan speed dimmer to slow it down and made a bigger intake so the fan doesnt vacume your tent in.as for the size of your plant if it was me id would be tieing the tops with twine and gently bending the tops down to the pot edge and going bit by bit so i dint stress the plant to much it will stunt them a little thou from the stress witch would help keep them a bit smaller sorry if i havent help just thourgth id add my thourgths but there looking qwite nice mate
    n

3. Negative pressure is not a problem as long as your walls don't cave in too much. Opening up the tent is not a problem as long as you don't have light leaking in during the flower cycle. You can top the plant by cutting off the main cola, or super crop by pinching the stem one way then pinching it again in the same spot, but the opposite sides of your first pinch and then fold it over. The plant will repair itself. If you don't fully understand super cropping, just cut the top off.

4. Got it!

Thanks!

5. kool keep us up to date with pics intresed to see your grow to the end thanx for shareing