Grow Tent and Light Combo

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Highpoint, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Hello, everyone, this will be my first attempt at growing and I decided to go with 2 different strains of autos the first being bubblegum and the other is blueberry. I have a few questions on the setup I was going to use. I 'm thinking this tent kit with this light. Jack's Grow Box Complete Tent Package - 3' x 3' HLG 100 V2. I was only going to do 2 maybe 3 plants. I'm wondering if this combo would do good or is there something you guys would change? I'm open to all suggestions and advice.

2. Tent 3x3 yes. Light nope. Not enough watts to cover 9 sq ft.

3. do you have any light recommendations around the 200$ mark?

4. I use qb. If u order off alibaba u can get good deals. I just paid hlg prices. The qb 288 and qb96v2 are both good lights putting out good grows. Both will run around 200$ each. Maybe cheaper off alibaba

5. What about a LED blurple light like something from mars hydro

6. There is a mars hydro thread on here. The cheap amazon line will veg ok to good. But to get even as close as good of production as in veg in flowering you would need to double or triple the amount of leds(cheap amazon, says x amount of watts but draws a third to half of that amount watts) . If you buy the more Expensive line of mars hydro they produce better plants. You can get good results with both of them tho. In a 3x3 with any cheap amazon blurples I would get 4 of them. Run two during veg and 4 during flowering. But ud be looking about 200-250$. If u got a qb288 kit off alibaba u could start and veg with that over a two month time and save to get another one. Two would do ok in a 3x3. If u buy those blurples, like most ppl u will be unhappy with flowering and either invest in more blurples hoping for better results and or spend a lil more for qb that put out good light and last many many many years

7. I think I may just go with this 260W QB V1 LED Kit hopefull I can get a good yield and then save up for my next grow and get some additional lighting. would this work for 3 plants in the 3x3

8. Yes. I have those in v1 5000k and v2 3000k

9. so that 1 kit will do ok for now in 3000k for autos?

10. Yes. those will veg good and flower great

11. thank you so much for all your help