Grow tent 95 degrees!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Antdro707, May 8, 2018.

1. So I have vegged these plants for 5 weeks, and have now been in flower since 4/21/18 , I didn’t account for the heat with summer when I started my garage grow, and now my tent is going 90degrees at night and 95-99 during the day. I am running a 6in Ipower in-line fan pumping hot air out but no cool air cok No In. Has anyone else found a cheap way to overcome the heat???

Attached Files:

2. Yeah. Get rid of the cheap/shitty LED & switch to HPS & run an air cooled hood.

3. If you're in a pinch, putting frozen 2 liter bottles in a cooler and then aiming the fan inside the tent at that will cool it off until you can get something more permanent. I suggest having an air intake that can replace the hot air with new air. Ideally, you want to replace all of the air in the tent pretty quickly and continuously unless you have a sealed setup.

Wedge your fan in the air intake hole so it sucks in nothing but new air. That should bring your temps down by a few degrees by yourself. If you're only circulating it around inside your tent then it's not really bringing in new air or pushing the old air out anywhere near fast enough.

4. Yea nomidzone, let take a hot ass tent and put a HPS in it!!! I have seen the difference with hps and have already got one. This was a first garage grow, so to continue to grow in the garage I will need to get a portable AC

• Like Like x 2
  5. First garage grow > seen a difference > makes sense; not at all. We shouldn't have to tell you to get an air conditioner. My temps never go above 76 degrees, and that's running 2x 1k's......I think you should of put some more thought into this.

6. As I said I need the AC, I was asking before I spend 3 hundo on one.
    I asked for cheap solitons/tricks any one had.

7. You get out what you put in....remember that. Happy plants = happy you at harvest.

8. Thanks for dropping knowledge brother.

9. Unfortunately a/c is the cheap option most of the time.

What's your incoming temps of the fresh air? And where are you exhausting the warm air? If youre bringing in air that's in the 70s or warmer you're going to struggle keeping it in the 70s while adding a heat source like a grow light. If you're exhausting into the same room as the grow its only going to compound the issue.

10. He'll burn the tent put with real light bulbs if it's already getting bit hot in there. His led is perfect he needs a cheap ac

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ac want cost that much get a cheap ac unit off eBay and see how she goes.

Only trouble is it might dry the air out as well so if it has a dehumidifier you can mess with that.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Still haven’t gotten an ac but they are coming along...slowly, kinda want to see it through without it to see the consequences of high heat grows for others to see. Any one else?

Attached Files:

13. In now way whatsoever will an air cooled hps be cooler than his vipar lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Without an ac the only way is to vent into another room, and bring outside air in with another fan.
    At the minimum venting to another room, I fill this is your problem. I've battled this before, it's the reason I'm upgrading to qb's, can't grow property in the summer with a hps and no ac!

• Like Like x 1