Grow Tent 100 Degrees F

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kryptix, Sep 4, 2012.

1. The climate here is warm and the room the tent is in only has a wall mounted ac. I have one, 16" oscillating fan, and another high velocity 12". The 600w HPS light currently running 18/6 is what's generating all the heat.

I have a 400CFM intake fan and carbon filter on it's way. Hopefully this lowers the temperatures. From what I understand 100 F is way too high. This reading is from on the floor next to a pot. 95F When it's on the roof. Brand new thermometer and used 2 different ones.

2. Btw my watermelon are about 2 weeks and looking healthy

3. is your 12in fan pulling air out or bringing air in?

4. you need an exhaust fan, and a neutral intake port..

5. I also had this sort of problem with too much heat creating an unsuitable enviroment for my "girls" so I ordered a 5" in-line fat and mount it right by your light or better still above the light source this will exhaust all of the heat out of the tent. Another good thing is small clip-on oscilating fan trained of the bulb.

6. Your 400cfm fan will pull the hot air out fine....I have a 600w setup and a 400cfm 6" inline pulling through a carbon filter and my temps are a consistent 76F in my grow area. If I turn my 6" inline off, my temps go well above 100F....so your issue is that you aren't pulling hot air out. Moving hot air around with circulating fans is only going to move hot air around.

7. Nice. How is your ducting setup?

8. Checkout my grow journal in the sig. Fast forward a couple of pages, you will see my filter and air ducting. I cut a 6" hole with a hole saw in the drywall of the closet area I am growing, and have the inline fan on the other side of the wall pulling the hot/smelly air through the filter and into the next room. There is no smell at all, and it absolutely helps not only with the odors but also the heat. To keep from having light leaks, I sealed all of the edges where the ducting goes through with metallic ducting tape.

9. I don't understand how it's "through" the filter. From what I can tell the ducting goes one-way from the filter, into the wall, where the fan pulls the air. But wouldn't this just pull air from inside the filter and back into the other room. How does the air from the room get in?