Grow !t clay pebbles PH rising

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dillon709, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Hey all, new here and I’m just about to setup my first autopot grow, 1 successful harvest under my belt in soil with felt pots( with some minor problems/learning experiences along the way) and another harvest prob about 2-3 days out (looking delicious ) so I was about to setup my autopots for next run and decided I’d do a few checks first (had ph problems in first grow and not planning on letting it happen again ) so I took some declorinated tap water and half filled a bucket with it and checked Ph, from the tap after dechlorinating for 24 hours it was sitting right at 6.3 , so I topped off the bucket with these grow !t clay pebbles as I will be using these to line the bottom of my autopots and within 15 minutes my ph had risen to over 7.5 ! Has anyone used these with good results and are there any way to lower the ph of the clay pebbles? I’ve since added in some ph down to drop the water to about 5.5 and let them soak overnight and checked again today and the water is back to 7.1 . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

2. Thanks for the help everyone this forum is so helpful .....