grow space way to HOT.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dirty Droski, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hello all,

My grow space is way to HOT, Can I lower the temp without adding more fans? am at about 100 F.

I have an Intake fan and a carbonfilter ventilator for exsaust.

thanks for your help

2. If you have foil in your grow space take it out, it is not needed. Secondly and this way helped me as I had the exact same problem because my grow room is in my closet and there's not much really I could do to lower the temperature, I just put my plant on the edge of the closet opening. Not enough to bend the plant, but just enough to keep the plant cool. Cheers.

3. Give us an idea of your grow.

What are you growing in? What type of lighting? How many watts? What size fan? Any oscillating fans?

4. I geuss I will have to buy another intake fan. My light 600 watt hps is to big for my space but I am not giving up on it.

5. Can you upgrade your ballast to a Digi? One that will be able to be switched to a lower percentile power supply ie 50%. Effectively cutting heat output(power) of the lamp..

6. Just get a cooltube, and you want a passive intake, no fan

7. Is your ballast outside of your grow area?

Use your fans to suck air out of your hood or tube and your room, do not blow air into it.

You can use one fan to ventilate your space and pull air through your light hood, not sure if that would be enough.

8. yes, my ballast is outside of my area, I have a fan blowing in and one blowing out, should I have both blowing out?

9. You should have none blowing in. Let physics take care of that.

What is the room temp the tent is in? If you aren't flowering take the CF off. Also what kind of fan is it? How big is the tent? all of these factors are major roles.

10. ok i will flip the fan to blow out, It is not a tent it is a gutted dresser about 2x3x5 feet the room temp is about 65 f the fans one is a bathroom fan i rigged up and the other one is I don't know whatit is really called but it is the same setup up you would get if I bought a tent I got it at a grow shop.

11. like the guy above said, set your intake fan to passive, and use your strongest fan as exhaust with your filter.
    like the other guy said, get a cool tube, hook it up to your exhaust fan and that should help with the temps a lot!
    doing both these should bring you down if the light is the only thing causing hit in your cab

12. Fans are always more efficient at pulling air than pushing it. Also it is a good thing to produce negative pressure in your grow space.

My hood is vented seperately. I pull air from outside of the grow space, through the hood, and back outside the grow space (I actually vent it outside).

To provide ventilation for the plants (CO2) I pull air from outside the grow space through a DIY carbon filter and vent to outside.

13. Thanks for the advice, I am venting outside, I also flipped my intake fan to suck air out but that only made it worse so I will put it back. what is the hottest it can be that the plants will not die or get sick?

14. Ideal temps range from 75-80, but no higher than 80.

15. ok thanks for the help! i will try theses tipps, also how can I add a footer to my posts? I can't find the option anywhere in my account

thanks

Droski