Grow soil for plants, how much do i need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dimyself, Feb 13, 2009.

1. thats the stuff. 1 bag will do you with plenty left over

2. ok thanks man! btw, i wont be buying from there...$70 for shipping haha. i found some for $20 at a local nursery...i guess thats a good price? seems like their better than ebay prices

3. You need enough to fill your pots. Only you know how big they are.

4. Umm thanks? haha...I don't have pots yet so I don't know how much soil. HOWEVER soil is kind of a no brainer! my question is more geared to what I need to buy to mix with soil (perlite, etc) AND the nutes I need to buy. Grow big and bloom big were recommended as nutes. Is there anything else you can recommend or add?

What kind of perlite do I need and how much? What kind of nutes should I get and how much?

5. Umm thanks? i know i need to fill up my pots haha...I don't have pots yet so I don't know how much soil. HOWEVER soil is kind of a no brainer! my question is more geared to what I need to buy to mix with soil (perlite, etc) AND the nutes I need to buy. Grow big and bloom big were recommended as nutes. Is there anything else you can recommend or add?

What kind of perlite do I need and how much? What kind of nutes should I get and how much?

6. My mix is based on peat, to which I add horse manure and wormcasts for nutrition, sand and grit for drainage, and some crushed eggshell (organic lime). Perlite is hard to find and expensive here, so I don´t really use that.