Grow Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mechanichore, Jan 23, 2010.

1. #1 mechanichore, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
    OK so i think ive found everything i need to get my grow goin. Heres our setup
    This is for something close to a 3 x 3 x 4 box with 4 plants of white rhino

-lighting |$172| - http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=47929 With the Growbright HPS, Growbright MH, and the $12 timer.

-soil fert. http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-Fertili...ertilizer_Soil_Amendments?hash=item3ca76586d4
    \t

-soil |Approx. $30|- http://cgi.ebay.com/Bat-Guano-bloom...ertilizer_Soil_Amendments?hash=item3ca806d8e5 + organic soil from somewhere and maybe some perlite, hoping to find this in a store nearby. http://cgi.ebay.com/Horticultural-P...ltDomain_0?hash=item1c0f63c5b5#ht_1309wt_1165

-seeds |$38|- White Rhino feminized marijuana seeds

-mylar |$21|- 4' x 25' Mylar Sunleaves Reflective film Hydroponics - eBay (item 120509423079 end time Jan-19-10 16:23:06 PST)

-carbon filter |$??|- Still looking. But making my own.

Total of about $300

Comments concerns problems

thanks

2. Not sure about your carbon filter. Some arent good for flowering, because they may reek to much for a smaller one.:hello:

3. You might try and find a hydro store around you so you can get some fox farms soil. Much better than anything you will find at walmart.

also, that fan isn't really that powerful and will not be able to exhaust a 3x3x4 efficiently. It will also do nothing for the smell.

4. did you already buy this stuff? If so congrats man!!!!!! If not I would make some changes. 400w from htg, foothill filters found on ebay for the carbon scruber. Fox farm ocean forest or Roots organic soil. Blue mountain organics on ebay for ferts.

5. I would suggest you get the FF Tiger Bloom in addition to the Big Bloom. Go to the FF web site and download their feeding schedule. I don't think the big Bloom is intended to be the only flowering fert since they recommend using it for the entire grow.

6. Thanks for the comments guys, Ive looked around HTG, and i think they look a lot more professional.

Im thinking about getting this light instead of that other one: High Tech Garden Supply

Also thanks for the specific soil names, now i can buy it off ebay. Also i think i will get one of those carbon scrubbers from foothill filters, once i get enough money, ill buy the rest and get the filter before they flower :)

Thanks for the great post ill have to look at the blue mountain organics. Thanks again hope for some more helpful posts.

7. I think the htg light will be a lot nicer... The reason I recommend bmo over foxfarm is bc bmo is 100% organic were foxfarm isn't. The reason that bmo helps you is bc you can reuse the soil with bmo with foxfarm you cannot. Also the taste of the bud will be better with bmo bc it has no chem. I went the organic route bc of those things. Now there is also this products called great white shark. If you read the organic section a guy called grow mainely (something like that) has a great write up. Also with organics you will have acess to a lot of the products.such as making teas,compost or molasses. I hoped I help

8. #8 mechanichore, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010

OK i looked for the organic ferts and cant find them on ebay. Im still looking for a carbon filter, seems pretty easy to make one that looks the same as the 60 dollar one i linked too, is it really that simple?

Also that other one is the exact same thing except there isnt a physical filter its all activated carbon rocks, did you go the the link i sent for the carbon scrubber guide? im thinking i could just make 2 of those with 90 cfm fans?

9. I check those out and yea I think that would work well. I would send a pm to nuglord 420 and/or don piano. They know a lot about venting and design. I hate to tell u 100% yea that will work bc I have never done a diy carbon filter

10. yes it is as good. I like roots organic soil bc it has the dust in it that chuck is always talking about. The reason I'm no longer a fan of ffof is bc it can run hot and doesn't drain as well as roots. Now on gc I'm the miniority on this bc 90% of people like ffof. Now if u want to make your own soil check out subcool soil mix or lumpzdawg soil mix ( found under organic section). Bmo package is all you need. For in depth talk about bmo check out roll it up.org organic section and in that section they have servel pages of discussions on bmo. If u go there look up a member named green cross welcome to the jungle grow journal. That is the dude who has helped me the most get set up. He also has in depth guides on different topics.

11. OK, ill update my list, ill need to buy some organic soil, and then im also going to buy:Organic Fertilizer Deal by BMO, Super Plant Tonic plus - eBay (item 260506486484 end time Feb-11-10 19:03:00 PST) for fertalizers
    and
    Bat Guano (bloom), Worm Castings, Organic Fertilizer - eBay (item 260517058789 end time Jan-31-10 14:37:29 PST)

To make my own soil. I'm looking for a soil mix atm. and ill update my list.

12. if u buy roots organic soil or fox farm ocean forest you won't need the guano or EEC for the first grow. That stuff is already mixed in. You would want to add it the second grow with the same soil. I sent a message to bmo and asked them what soil to use with that package of frets they told me roots organic soil. If you google roots organic soil you will find it for $12.00 and it's ready to use. You start feeding with bmo after third week.

13. OK well idk i kinda just want to make my own because of price. Were are going to need 8 gallons of soil. so that could amount to be pretty pricy.

14. 1 bag that is 1.5 cu ft is 10 gallons. Although I will day the best soil is the soil u build yourself