Grow set up question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dyse702, Jul 9, 2018.

1. So if i were to get the "Quantum LEDs 150W 304 Light kit " it says actual draw is max 260w. does that mean for the 40" X 40" tent im looking at i would need (2) of these? and would any other lighting be needed or will this do both Veg and Flower? It says it can be but "best" for flowering. or would i need to add (2) of the HLG65 for best results?

2. Well, the ones I linked you were 2700K which is really only meant for flowering. There's not really any blue/green in the spectrum that they give off. They do offer different light spectrums. I personally like 4000K for veg, and those HLG packs are 4000K. I personally have two areas for different stages. With that being said, I was flowering with 4000K for about two and a half weeks and it seemed to be fine. Gave them a little bit of a stretch, but it seemed fine. If you wanted to go all HLG65s I wouldn't knock you for it personally, it just isn't the route I would take.

I have a 4'x4' area, and I want a total of four QB304s, in other words, two of that setup. I currently have one. If you only went with one, I would probably add 2 HLG65s in there for supplemental lighting. It's not ideal in my opinion, but you'd be fine.

3. So im not looking to go enter any competitions or anything. I want about 4 plants in this 40" X 40" Tent and get around an 8 oz yield. So looks like im 8" Shy of you. So 2 of these QB304s for flowering. I plan on going through the cycle in the same tent and switching out lights when the time comes. You saids you wouldnt go all HLG65's for vegging? what would you recommend. Like i said money isn't a big issue, id rather ask 10 times and get it right then assume and fuck up and waste money. Based on what ive read it would seem if i used just the HLG 65 i would need like 4-6 of them to properly veg 4 plants. Is this correct?

4. Honestly, I use one to veg 4 plants in my propagation area. It's far from ideal, but I also want these plants to grow slow, since I don't have a whole lot of room for them at the moment. My propagation area is 2x 1'x4' - For that area if you want to grow fast and efficient, I would recommend two just because it's a wide area.

What I would personally do, if I was starting now, and know what I know now, I would get 4 HLG65s in 4000K to veg with, and then when it's flowering time, swap in 2 of the QB304s. Also assuming I only had one area.

You could probably get away with 2-3 to veg with, but if money isn't a big concern, definitely get at least 4, add them in if you feel you're not covering the area properly.

5. Awesome man i appreciate your help with this! Im alot more confident in my lighting needs lol. So you are currently on your first grow? Whats your expected yield? I have done a quick glance at your journal but havent dove deep into it yet, ill check it out here tonight or tommorow to play catch up

• Like Like x 1
  6. Expected yields? Shit, if I get a gram of smokable bud I will be pleased knowing that I created it.

With that being said, optimistically I'm hoping for 1.5 pounds.

Realistically, I should be able to pull one pound, but if I get at least 8 ounces the wife will not murder me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thats kinda what my "Goals" are. I expect 4 plants 2 oz each is a realistic point to reach for. Happy wife happy life man, gotta keep her happy. Mines all for it and a green thumb so shes gonna be helping me along with this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Well, my wife doesn't really give a shit about the bud, what she cares about is that how much money I've dropped into it is justified haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thats a pretty realistic goal dyse. Even with the fuck ups youll inevitably make on your first run that should be pretty achievable.
    I dont know much about the qbs etc tbh. Just that everyones started using them and making my blurple monsters look like shit lol.
    They make longer, frostier, denser, fatter,buds and thats all i need to know.
    Be making the switch shortly but ill just be getting pre built ones though. The leccy situation in my attics already questionable enough without me pretending im a sparky

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. They make pre-setups that you have to wire yourself. Look into them, you'll thank yourself my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  11. He's right, it's only 108 actual watts. I bought the same light not knowing and ended up returning it and getting myself a QB-288 3000k. Haven't grown with a quantum board yet but I know they are much better than the cheap Chinese LEDs. The QB-288 will veg and flower a 2x2 perfectly and you could probably get away with just one in a 3x3 but two would be better.