Grow Room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by calismoker760, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Im Looking to start my own grow room and i am trying to figure out everything i need and am wondering anybody notices something im missing or has anything input on what to add or subtract. i am planning on having about 8 to 10 plants. and here are the things i have so far:
    Grow Room- 6.5hx3.5wx3.5d
    Bulb- 600w
    Ballast- 600w
    Fans- 2-6" inline fans
    Ordor Control- carbon filter
    Hydro System- I wanted to use a bucket system or the ebb and flo system. let me know what you think.
    Nutrients and pH
    Timers
    Testers

Please let me know what i am missing or need to change. thanks for your help

2. everything seems to look pretty good personally. I personally am doing something much like it look at my grow log. none the less I like the idea but would use a little more light personally for that many plants. If you do the conversion saying you will get .5 grams per watt your only looking at just under 11 oz you could get that with 5 plants if you bumped it up to a 1000 watt you would have more heat but you would get more penetration into the foliage and be looking at almost 18oz. to me it would be worth it for almost a half lbs potential per grow . This is not saying you will get 18oz every grow but good chance you can grow that or more per grow once you learn what your doing and know your particular plants.

I would also suggest getting a good ph meter and ppm meter thermostat hygrometer. If your growing in a basement like me might need water heaters for your water. You may need a dehidrator too you will find that out when you get there.

3. If this is your first grow, I would recommend going with soil. Hydro can get a little messy unless you know what you are doing. I would also agree that you will need more light to get a decent yield from 8-10 plants. Even if you just added a couple hundred more watts of CFLs, it would be worth it. Once you kinda get the hang of what plants need and how to get them through the bumps along the way, then switch to hydro. Just my two cents.....

4. when you say just use soil, do you mean just buckets and soil and watering it maunally or what. thanks for the help

5. hydro and soil both have there advantages. Soil it is a little more forgiving because the soil holds its own ups and downs . The bad part is if you do mess it up and get nut lock or something you will need to leach it out well.

Hydro because when you feed it is going directly to the plant so if you mess up your nuts it will be effected quickly good part is if your paying attention it can be fixed quickly.

This is my first grow and I went with hydro though I do have a pretty good knowledge of growing plants.

I guess each to there own if you go hydroponic don't try to go with something really in depth just use a 2 or 3 part nutes. with some cal mag plus if your using reverse osmosis and maybe some liquid karma. You can go more intense and in depth with the nutes. down the line once you know what to look for.

you could still do a top drip set up using a soiless mixture too

6. Sorry, I was referring to doing your first grow using soil and containers, not a hydro system. Soil is easier for getting the hang of how things work, hydro can be more complicated. Just my opinion of course. Good luck with whichever you choose.