Grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SiriSaysYes, Dec 27, 2017.

1. IMG_1387.JPG Any tips on stuff I could do or add? This is a Polytunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you have any other pics? Is this outside or in a barn?

Your plants are so tall. It's a nice site after seeing so many short/bushy indoor tent grows. The look of a tall cannabis plant is so pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. No other pictures at the moment. This is outside it is a greenhouse basically wrapped in poly with a black layer over to flower and light dep. Yes but they have vegged for awhile I think next run I may grow shorter plants to hopefully yield bud top to bottom. Light only penetrates so deep. I have an HLG-600H with a 4 light bulb t5 behind it supplemental lighting before it was my fixture to veg these ladies! I have water on a timer and a drip system from the tap into the greenhouse and pots sitting in water trays underneath with pvc attached to each to drain. Also a dehumidifer and a small heater. Two fans on either side up top and a window on the other side and mesh to keep bugs out and doors open during the summer for max airflow. Thanks for checking out my post that's about all I can say besides I think it's 15gallon pots and I want to fit the max size in the water trays so I can grow 3 mid sized plants in each pot couldn't find any that big last round besides smart pots so next time I'm thinking tree pots. :)

4. Ps I'll get you more pics tmrw when the sun comes up

5. Keep updating I'd love to see it finished. Little worried about the super thin branches supporting colas. You might have to work a bit on supports

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Lots of wasted space between nodes and thin stretchy branches. She might struggle under the weight of flower.

How far away was the t5 in veg? This is usually a result of poor lighting and possibly not much air movement to strengthen stems

7. Ahah yeah I know the light was definitely strong enough and it literally stayed 2 inches from the tops the whole time in veg no other lighting besides sun some days.

8. Pictures!

Attached Files:

9. 288Watts of T5 Grew them to that height mixed with random days of sunlight that's why so they're so lanky I think.

10. They're looking pretty healthy. Everything in the shed is. They appear to be enjoying that light.

Does your shed look like a movie premier spotlight in your backyard at night? You must only run it during day?

11. It's really not too late to super crop that thing significantly shorter and wider. Go 2ft down from the tip top and bend every top out away from the center with a carefully placed 90 degree crease in the stem. They will all heal turning back up toward the light within days but your bottom parts of the colas and side shoots will get way better light then they would if you left it like it is. It would probably boost your yield considerably if done right.

You can supercrop up to 4 weeks in flower and still have them heal fine.

I don't know if you saw me post this yesterday but this is my GDP 2 days before flower. I had to make it shorter and wider so I didn't run out of headroom.
    IMG_0786.JPG
    This is the same plant 34 days later.
    IMG_0848.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haha funny you say that I go out there and the Purple Urkle is drooping wants water. Roots are to the top layer of soil in both pots yet the Purple Urkle seems to be going through way more water. I have the black on the sides and it also goes about half a foot into the middle clear so when I put the tarp over top no light can sneak its way out and I just have bricks and a ladder and rope to pull it over. I get lazy on cloudy days just run the light but sunny days I may as well take advantage of the extra light and to show grasscity :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Supercropping can also help support larger colas because it stimulates stronger stem growth. Most branches that get supercropped end up so stiff after they heal they don't need much support.

14. Think I can super crop them with the stems so thin? I kind of feel like the buds will weight them down too much with how strong this new light is. Haha I'm already trying to figure out how I will support these ladies.

15. Damn you're making me walk back out.

16. I think you can. You may want to remove some of the lower branches and growth so when you spread the top wide it doesn't run into and shadow everything else.

Supercropping is funny. When you get done with a plant it looks all tore up but the recovery is very quick. It sort of rearranges itself into a good shape when it's all healed. Any creased stems will be stronger then ever within a week.

At this point in the grow it's just going to be a bit of a challenge to do it well. You'll have to be careful not to snap stems. Pinch and roll them a little in your finger to weaken the point you want to bend. Do it gently. Keep tape on hand for additional support as you're working. It doesn't hurt to tape a crease a little if it tears the stem or if it wants to hang a little low without it. Once they heal the tape can be removed and I've never had any negative effects from it.

17. The tarp on the non sunlight side. First is the PU nothing done to it really in terms of training. (My first time trying to train anything was with the carmelicious) Carm is slightly thicker I also did some lst I think it is where I pinch the stems but I also messed it up but gladly it came back no problem.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1