Grow Room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tdaddy54, Mar 14, 2017.

1. #1 tdaddy54, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Newbie here after germinating should I plant my seeds in my Fox farm ocean potting soil or use one of those rooter pocket. Also can I use the remaining bag of potting soil after transplanting to their
    final home as my soil medium. One more thing (sorry ) I am using regular city water that has a smell of chlorine and after watering left plant pots & soil with a white powder . Any suggestions ? Someone posted earlier a heating pad under my tray.[​IMG]

2. Let the water sit out for 24 hours before use . no worries

3. there we go. your post was not loading for me earlier.
    are they photos or autos? if they are photos you can do the transplant thing, but if they are autos go straight into final pot. and yes just let your water sit in a jug with the cap off or in a pot for 24 hours. chlorine will evaporate.
    the ocean forest is pretty heavy on nutes. my plants loved it and i use it straight. some people say add perlite. mine drains fine just out of the bag. good luck bud.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FF soil would be way too hot for seedlings...I used plain ole Jiffy organic starter soil!

5. i disagree. none of my seeds have problems with it. thats just to get you to buy more product. ocean forest is the shit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It depends on if your water treatment plant uses chlorine or chloromine. If they use chlorine you can just let your water sit out for a day or two and it will evaporate off, although I really don't think this is necessary as the levels of chlorine are generally so minute they won't cause an issue. If they use chloromine then you'll need to actively dispose of it either through chemical means or filtration, although, like I said, I really don't think it is a big deal either way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mistake

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you draw the tap water and let it sit for a couple of days, the chlorine will dissipate..Luckily I had an RO system on hand for me and the pooches...now for the plants too! Between Chlorine and Calcium our h2o sucks!

9. Wow tdaddy54 i never seen nothing like this before. They are right about the city water. Infact its the only water i use in my cloner just for that purpous. The chlorine. However with soil yes air it out 24 hours. Also the ocean forest is kinda hot for seedlings. Fox farm had a warrior mix for seedlings and clones. I use that one because it is easier on the root to form with out have all kinds of stuff in it to fight through. Like the coco chunks in it. The warrior mix is also goof for 3 to 4 weeks with out feeding. Really food stuff. Take everything on this form with a grain of salt. For some reason a bunch of high school kids get on here thinking they are kool and they might just be. But onky at what ever school they go to. Welcome to the form. Also what kind of lights are you useing. T5 should be only inches above the plant as long as they are not getting to hot. House hold bulbs the same keep them on the perimeter of the heat. Welcome to gc have fun and good luck

10. Like I said, if your treatment plant uses chlorine, then yes, that works. But if it uses chloramine that same process will not work. Chloramine is specifically used because it doesn't evaporate off like chlorine does.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the tips, using
    600 watt hps/mh grow light, 2 clip on fans, also have a standup oscillating fan. I do not care about smell and also picked a bag of Happy Frog should I use the HF to start another few seedlings ? Thanks

12. I'd use the warrior mix myself. It is 20 bucks for a bag but well worth it. My room done turned around whicked good. Check it out caregiverme grow journal everybody come on out and give away some free constructive criticism. Thanks y'all and good luck tdaddy. Also how come so many deleted messages. People talking shit.