Grow room within grow room smell control

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tecatecs, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Right now I am in the process of building a grow room within a grow room. Two 'Jorge Cervantes wooden skeleton with panda film as walls' rooms. Inner room will be slightly smaller than the bigger room, so that there are only bout 3" of space between panda film walls. Inner room will have the plants, it will have a 8" filter and fan to control odor and to be exhausted to the slightly bigger room (will buy 2 boost buddy bags for c02, i hope they work) which will contain a mini split. Lights will be in a different air exchange system, exchanging the air with outside only (cool tubes).

Now here is my hypothesis that I need you guy's opinion. The intake to the small room will be small enough to make sure that smell is being sucked out rather than leaked to the bigger room. The question: will there be enough negative pressure inside the inner cab to control smell? Even if its the same system recirculating the volume of air?

I think its a matter of making said inner cab air tight. (Will be using air cushion bubbles to insulate buahahaha)

Opinions?

2. This depends on the size of the smaller room, the size of the intake and outtake holes, and the size of your fan. I have one 6 inch out and one 6 inch intake, and a 400CFM fan. This creates more than enough negative pressure to pull the sides of the grow tent in some. I've even heard of people having so much negative pressure that it brings the tent down all together. As long as you aren't using computer fans, you should be okay. Just buy a decent fan.

3. So wait, is the larger room actually going contain anything or is it just like a space around the inner room?

If it won't contain anything, it's really redundant. As long as you're sucking in clean air and pushing the smelly air out through the carbon filter, the smell won't escape.

I think the main concept, that overrules any others, is the air has to go through the filter to be cleaned from stench. If you have air escaping without going through the filter, it's going to smell. The easiest way to fix that is to just keep more air moving into the room and pushing all that stinky air out through your filter.

I just don't understand the outer room very well.

4. #4 tecatecs, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
    Yes. Let me elaborate.

The bigger room makes a space around the little room and its insulated.

Imagine three squares, viewed from the top, the biggest square or room is the house room itself, middle square is panda film room with bubble wrap insulation, and the smallest room has panda film walls also and inside has the carbon filter and a 8" inline fan. This small room will contain the plants and will only have a passive intake in one side and the filter on the other side. A mini split will be in the middle room.

My design has the purpose to create a air cleaning system without losing any cooled air to the outside. I don't want to use the the biggest room's walls because they are cement and they irridiate and transfer a lot of heat.

My worry is, if odor control is achived with negative pressure, then will the smallest room experience a slight negative pressure with this design?

5. I understand what you're saying, but have no idea in terms of air pressures. I think that building a room inside a room is genius. But, really every grow tent is a room in a room. What you're doing is a room inside a room inside a room. This idea I actually really like. It would be easily achieved and feasible to build a room in your house like on your jose video and put a grow tent in it with the scrubber, etc. In fact, that's genius. I think I'll do it, too! Eventually, you could use the bigger jose room as a grow room, too, mostly veg, since they don't typically stink as much. You could even add a scrubber to this outer space as well. I'm telling you, man. This is killer.

6. I don't follow the panda insulation and bubble wrap on the second 'outer' room, but the whole theory sounds good (maybe slight overkill, but when is that really a problem?) ... will there be plants or lights in the second room at all?

if the second room won't contain any plants and is just to be used as a buffer for cooling and odor control, you can skip the panda film altogether - right?

also, if you cover the cement walls with Mylar it shouldn't radiate much at all - especially not much that you or the plants will be able to feel or notice

2 smaller grow tents side by side with the flowering tent venting filtered air into the vag tent (but isolated to prevent light leakage between the two) and then exhausting the vag tent into the room inside the room inside the room inside the room inside the room sounds like a good plan - I'm building one of those too

I would call it an Inception Room if I were you - get that patent before I do - I'll be awake in 10 hours or so

7. definitely the shit. I'll be doing some highly dope shit like this in the coming months myself.