GROW ROOM (WILL THIS WORK)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by alienware13, May 4, 2017.

1. Hi, I am wondering if this would work.

I build a shed with full insulating and sealed at every point, then a partition is created through the shed for another room which will be about 6x6 or 5x5, quite small. The partition would also be insulated. Inside of this room would be a table, my light and my carbon filter. I am only looking to grow 2 plants at a time. The inside of the room would be coated with either white paint or mylar and I will have a door going outside of my shed in the main room and a door going into the grow room. These two doors will be both have padding overlapping the top and bottom to stop any odour, heat or smell escaping the room.

Would this concept work? I can make this pretty easily, keep in mind i'll only be growing two plants.

2. partition? Are you linking two sheds together? Any room can work tbh, it's more about buying the right stuff for the room rather then buying the room around the set up.

3. No sorry, I meant build a whole new shed and put 2 little walls in my shed making a main room and a small secret 5x5 room with a door on it.

4. O ok. How big is the shed?

5. I really don't know at the minute what size is my room for the shed. I am sharing half with my brother and haven't got any measurements with me. I will have a quite decent large room, the main room will probably be used for trimming and seed planting, and maybe i'll have shelves under a worktop / table where my buds can dry out. It's going to be really organized.

Edit: I meant it's going to be one large huge shed, and I'll own half of it where my room will be.

6. If you get all your details together. Budget, goal, wants/needs and I can give you a better idea. But if you want a simple answer, the answer is yes. Any one can build a room into a room and use it to grow, but it's about more then just that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I literally just want to grow 2 weed plants at a time, with no smell.

8. Ok, but are you wanting 2 plants in a 5x5 space? How tall is it?

9. I am wanting two plants in a 5x5 or 6x6. It is fairly tall, tall as a house room.

10. You can do 2 (big) plants just fine in a 5x5 or 6x6. You can do 4 plants in that just fine if you wanted.

11. I was asking about the smell, I don't want any smell to be getting outside for my neighbours to smell.
    So would a carbon filter in a insulated 5x5 room.

12. If you do a seal room with Co2 there is no smell. The smell stays inside of your sealed room, and you use a window AC. Or you can use a filter with no Co2, and you need to exhaust out and still use an AC unit. Do not get a one duct AC. Either get a mini split or a window AC. It's a small room so window ac.

Or if you use Co2 and your room isnt 100% sealed. You can have a filter and a fan inside the room just constantly filtering the air in there.

13. AC as in Air Condition? Why would I need one of those, wouldn't my filter, fan and duct piping get air in from outside?

14. How out is it out side?

15. Whaaat? I don't understand what you said..

16. Sorry, how "hot" is it out side?

17. Depends on the day, it can get hot enough for a tshirt, but normally it's kind of coldish or mild. I'm in the UK.

18. Well long as your lights on out side temps are say 70F you may be fine. Go any higher you will prob cook your little room. Next you will need to decide your budget. Because you are opting for no AC, that would make me recommend LED units since they produce a bit less heat. If you add an HPS unit expect a 15+ degree increase(yes even if you are venting). With LED you can expect a less increase but costs more.

I do know if you are in the shade or how hot the days get since this hasn't been built, I would recommend a radiant barrier to your shed + your insulation. Or atleast something to think about.