grow room wayyyy too hot...help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by solarius49, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ok so i started my grow and planted my seeds yesterday and i finally got a thermometer for my room (my closet), and the temperature reads at 100 degrees farenheit (sp?). im assuming this is NOT good so i turned off one of my lights. any tips for brining temperature down? and also how long should i expect to wait before my seeds sprout?

ps i didnt not germinate b4 planting...is that wrong?

2. use CFL's

3. Yes you can use cfl... or just put more fans in... Also you need to bring in fresh air from the out side, or leave the door cracked so that the heat can get out. The problem is that the heat is not getting out fast enough. My grow gets to about 95 about everyday. MY stuff is still growing great this has always been this way. I would love to have it at about 85 if I could but you do with what you got. Your best bet is to try to keep it 85 to 95 but nothing higher than 95... Don’t freak if it gets a little above 95 just keep a good fan to push them around. If weed grows out in the hot sun of San Diego, then it will grow anywhere. WORD