Grow room ventilation vs humidity

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mcalata, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Alright, so im designing my first indoor grow (tried an outdoor grow but humidity f***ed my plants) and have a dilema. So its important to have good ventilation and replace the air in the room over certain amount of time (i cant seal the room and use co2), the problem is i will need to have a dehumidifier to keep the humidity low as i live in a place with fairly high humidity. Ive never used a dehumidifier, will i have trouble with the dehumidifier keeping up with the constant air change.

Grow room is gona be either 4x4m(13x13f) or 3x4m(10x13f) and the options for dehumidifier is either 14L (30 pint) or 16L(34 pint) removal per day.

So what do you guys think would be the best solution?

Thanks in advance[​IMG]

2. Look to make sure the dehumidifier you buy has a drain plug if so you can hook it up with a simple hose and go to a bigger container.

3. I'm trying to find similar answers. However my humidity is to low and need a humidifier. But how can I recycle fresh air in with out take out the co2. I'm using a co2 tank?

4. But you don't need fresh air I'd you are using co2 in a sealed room...

5. Yes I have a grow tent

6. And yes you need co2

7. #9 mcalata, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
    I didnt say you didnt need co2 XD. If you are using co2 from a tank, you need to seal the room/tent so you dont waste your co2. The only reason why you would need to ventilate is because of heat, In this case you should use aircooled reflectors or/and an AC

8. Don't know if this will help, but I was able drop the humidity in my grow tent by drawing air from inside my garage instead of from outside.