grow room ventilation questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cashcropzgold, Oct 16, 2012.

1. if i'm using a "6 inline fan hooked up to an air cooled hood(sucking) using the hole on the other side of the hood as the outtake, leading out my closet to the window with "6 ducting, can i use "4 ducting as an intake if im using a fan with the intake? if it's not the passive intake method does it still matter the size of intake/outtake and the negative pressure? if im trying to use exhaust that cools hood as well what kind of intake do i need? explain!!
    :eek

2. I have a 6" inline fan on a controller for exhaust (about medium). For an intake I used 1 4" ducting fan and it was okay. I did add a second 4" ducting fan intake for a total of two.

3. thank for the feedback, if you used that im sure mine would work. I've got a speed controller my outtake as well. my closet isn't all that big so i don't think there's a need for 2 intakes I'm probably going to use "4 intake unless anyone has anything to say about same size intake and exhaust.

4. If you want an intake fan by rule of thumb you should have it about half the power of the extractor fan but i would just recommend passive intakes.

5. I just run passive, my vent fan has enough power to pull in and push out

6. using passive might be a better idea for the space i have and it would also be better for saving money, ive read about it i just dont understand some things..

What size intake should i use?
    Is exhaust fan running constantly?
    How do you control temperature/humidity with this setup? will a temp controller for exhaust fan work?

if you are using passive intake can the ducting from the intake be bent to place where i need it? also can a fresh filer be attached to intake?:confused::confused::(

7. my exhaust fan only runs at lights-on, but I have a window fan pulling air into the room, and the only place to vent the room is thru the hood ducting, so it maintains positive pressure even at lights-off

8. i thought passive intake was negative pressure? why do you put a fan going after lights off and no exhaust doesn't that defeat the purpose of passive intake..? doesent the grow room have to be running the exhaust during night?

9. I have a rotating fan in the closet, keeps the plants moving and from getting bud rot. The window air comes in from outside, and has nowhere to go but out my closet vent, so this keeps smelly air from leaking out that window and smelling on the street, and the added benefit of slowly moving air thru the closet to keep humidity from building.

10. I should clarify maybe... my closet has a passive intake (baffled air vent)

the connected room it draws from has an active intake, the window fan