grow room vent. question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Apex222, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Hey blades, finally finishing up and just want to get some feedback on my vent. setup

I'm curious how many passive intake holes you guys are running? I generally hear 2-3x exhaust size.
    my inline is 8" 700+ cfm and currently have two 8" intake holes but wondering if i should add a third?
    room is approx. 700 ft3

i'm concerned there's maybe too much negative air pressure and i should relieve by adding another intake hole(entrance when sealed is noticeably sucked inwards). then again, maybe i'm overthinking and not even close to running enough sucking power to harm the girls

2. Fire everything up first to see what its gonna do before u pack it full n gotta work around everything

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. I have a screen window open at bottom of tent and extraction goes out the top of opposite wall. The air goes through the plants, up and out. You want negative pressure. I utilize two bungee cords per wall to help buffer the pressure. Helps a bit. Been doing it forever.

4. I have a similar setup - intake bottom of entrance with filter placed opposite side on ceiling. Stability is not a concern tho. Just worried i might have too much negative air pressure that could cause stress

Curious what size intake and exhaust you have?

5. What size tent u got man ?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

6. no tent brother. its a 700 ft3 room

7. I would use one exhaust. You can actually suffocate plants by moving air too quickly.

8. i'm only using one exhaust, the question is passive intakes. Your answer still seems to apply tho..
    the more intakes, the more air movement.

9. Nah intakes are ok I mean as long as there isn't so much air it's like a hurricane in there lol. Just exhausting more than you can put in a closed environment suffocate them. Dealing with temps and humidity is the most fucking annoying thing in my opinion.

10. alright. well my filter is rated for 700 cfm, and fan is just over that. will lowering fan cfm with controller make the carbon filter ineffective?

fwiw, when standing inside grow room the air being pulled from outside feels like a fan when i put hand nearby passive intake. not sure if that's a sign of too much negative pressure?

11. IMO there won't be enough vacuum in your tent to hurt the plants and I bet finding a study on this would be impossible

12. for sure, i'm overthinking this one way too much

thanks for all the feedback guys!

13. In my 4x4 with 480w qb I run a 6" exhaust at max and have ALL my venting open. All 3 of my passive vents are open, and my 2 extra exhaust holes are also used as air intakes. 6" flexihose with furnace filter material over the end to keep out dog hair/dust.

14. Wow! i imagine that helps keep temps lower. I'm now realizing this will be different for everyone.

I kept 2 passive intakes, covered with filter material and cut fan speed in half.

currently running around 1000 w and am sitting right above 76 F and 50 RH. Gonna kick it up a bit

• Like Like x 1