grow room smell

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ganjamaryj, Jan 2, 2013.

1. I have my carbon air filter hooked up into a grow tent that I vent outdoors.. my outdoors smells now.. supposed to be odor cleaner..how do I fix it?

2. How fresh is the carbon?
    Did you make it?
    Are you pushing or pulling the air from the scrubber?

Generally there a slight smell if you put face right up in the hose

3. How exactly do you have it set up? Is your filter large enough for your needs?

4. 4x8 tent i have carbon air filter hooked up to 2 400 watt hps that has an inline fan exiting tent to outdoors window..so pulling air into scrubber.. and it is 2 month old

5. What size fan (cfm) ? I had the same problem, and a larger carbon filter fixed the problem. I was using a 645 cfm fan with too small a carbon filter. It was sucking the air through too fast not allowing the carbon to do it's job.

6. it's a 440 Cfm

7. Maybe your filter is too small.

8. what type of filter is it? When it comes to scrubbers, the maker really matters.

9. it sucks cuz we want our flowers to smell nice and strong, yet the same odor is what we end up trying to eliminate or mask. is the smell as strong outside as it is inside? is the filter working at all? if its functioning, perhaps a larger unit is necessary to meet your needs?

10. This is true. Sometimes they pack the carbon really crappy. If they don't get enough in there it doesn't work well. One reason most the DIY filters don't work well.

11. ya works inside just smells when you walk up to the house

12. how long have they been flowering?

13. try venting inside the room and then just have the window open. chances are your room wont smell that bad and your outside wont smell at all

14. I did have it that way then my whole basement would smell

15. Can you answer the questions people are asking you if you want help? What kind of filter is it and how large is it?

16. I got it on amazon..probably is my problem right there? I'm new to this all

17. and almost 3 ft scrubber

18. my bad is is 19.75 inches long 9 in wide with 6 in duct

19. I mean i have a 4x4x7 tent, with 6 plants in week 4 of flower. Running a 440CFM fan on a controller with a 6" carbon filter, vented directly into the room, not exhausted outside and i have zero issues with smell.

If you're inside the room you can slightly smell it, but outside the room door you cant smell a thing. My filter came from HTGsupply.. as stated earlier, try venting it into the room so its a constant scrub.