Grow Room Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Recreational Meds, Sep 20, 2018.

?

How many grams per watt do you average?

1. <.5g

2. .5g-1g

3. 1g-1.5g

4. >1.5g

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey!

I've been a frequent visitor on these forums for more than 8 months, I have a few successful grows under my belt now and am now considering upgrading my grow. Right now, my grow is a basic 5x5 tent, 1000 watt light, fox farm soil, general hydroponics go pack, a carbon filter and a portable a/c. I hand water all of my plants and have come to a point where I'm finding myself dreading going into my grow room. Not that I'm too lazy to put time and effort into my plants but with only one entrance and a scrog net, its not easy watering past the first row. I am hoping to put out a high quality flower because I do use cannabis as a replacement for my pharmaceutical medications (seizure medication, cannabis is incredible, isn't it?). So, with all that being said, I have a pretty good idea of what I want in my next build. I would appreciate any feedback that you guys may have to offer so I can have more experienced opinions before dropping thousands of dollars. Also, suggestions are not limited to my "options" that I'm giving, feel free to add anything that may be useful.

Basic ideas behind new grow: 4x8 flood and drain, 2k watts in lighting, environment controlled.

1) Grow room:
    I'll be building this room from scratch, so the possibilities are pretty open. I will be framing, insulating, running electrical, water and drains. I am likely going to do a total length of 15 feet, so I can have a 5x7 ft area as an equipment/lung room and a 10x7 grow area.
    LxWxH Grow area: 10x7x8
    Lung room: 5x7x8

2) Method:
    One of my main concerns is going to be my plant count.
    I am legally allowed a plant count of 24 and I am aiming for the most high quality bud that I can get. I haven't decided how I am going to set things up. I've been trying to find a definitive answer and haven't found one. I am wondering if it would be more efficient (considering: electrical costs, time, nutrients, water, quality) to run a 24 plant SoG on one 4x8 table, or expand my grow a few feet and have 2 4x8 tables with 12 plants in each ScrOG. (obviously my main considerations would be cost of electrical, equipment, water, nutrients and time) If I go with 2 tables instead of one, equipment would remain the same or upgraded to scale to the size of the grow.

3) Equipment:

a. Lighting:
    2- 1000 Watt Hps
    Options: Gavita 1000 De (Concerned with the fact that I have 8 ft ceilings, would prefer 10-12ft for de), or magnum xxxl hoods with either lumatek or galaxy ballasts.

b. Table:
    Doesn't really seem to matter much, anyone have a favorite brand table for a good reason?

c. Table stand:
    Was going to just make it out of 2x4's. Should I spend the extra money for a good table with wheels?

d. Reservoir:
    120 gallon res

e. Air-stones (for reservoir):
    I have done some research on air-stones and have seen mixed feelings. Some people are now saying that running an air-stone in your reservoir can potentially cause problems. So should I use an air stone or a pump for my res? Any suggestions on a specific model of either?

f. A/C:
    I am really only interested in a mini split for this room. I need to decide between a 12000 btu and a 24000 btu. Any brand suggestions? I see a lot of cheap Chinese made a/c's and want something that will last me.

g. Dehumidifier:
    Im not sure what my dehumidification needs are because I am not super familiar with this style of growing. I was thinking somewhere around 60 pints to be safe? Favorite brand? I have my eye of quest and ideal air.

h. Humidifier:
    Just checking to make sure I don't need a humidifier.

I. Oscillating fans:
    I was hoping I could get away with only using 2 fans. Do I need more?

J. R/O filter:
    I am going to go with hydrologic. What size do I need? 150gpd, 300gpd, 1000gpd?

K. Co2:
    First, do I even need Co2 running 2k or 4k watts? Burner or Tank? (leaning towards burner, Natural gas).

l. Nutrients:
    GH Flora Series, GH FloraNova, Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Hydro? (Recirculating by the way)

m. Grow media:
    Rockwool cubes, Expanded Clay, Coco coir w/ inch of expanded clay at base of pot?

n. Containers:
    Plastic pots, Fabric Pots, Airpots, Net pots? What size?

o. Meters and Controllers:
    Blue lab Guardian connect VS Blue lab Controller and Autodoser
    Titan Controls Saturn 6 (any competition?)

p. Water chiller:
    Do I absolutely need a water chiller from the start? Its a really high cost for a single purchase. I'd like to hold off as long as I can. If its needed, brand?

Sorry for the endless list of questions, I am going to attempt to format it so responses are easier for you guys. Thank you and happy growing!

1)
    2)
    3)
    a.
    b.
    c.
    d.
    e.
    f.
    g.
    h.
    i.
    j.
    k.
    l.
    m.
    n.
    o.
    p.

2. 2) Method:
    One of my main concerns is going to be my plant count.
    I am legally allowed a plant count of 24 and I am aiming for the most high quality bud that I can get. I haven't decided how I am going to set things up. I've been trying to find a definitive answer and haven't found one. I am wondering if it would be more efficient (considering: electrical costs, time, nutrients, water, quality) to run a 24 plant SoG on one 4x8 table, or expand my grow a few feet and have 2 4x8 tables with 12 plants in each ScrOG. (obviously my main considerations would be cost of electrical, equipment, water, nutrients and time) If I go with 2 tables instead of one, equipment would remain the same or upgraded to scale to the size of the grow.

24 plants ,,, fuck me I would have about 10 dead ones with that many in that small of a area .
    I am trying to get down to 2 to 3 plants per 4x8 tent .
    I using Aeroponic grow systems in both tents and a 4 ft x 5 ft walk in closet .