Grow room setup/ventilation help please

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bigolenugs19, Mar 18, 2019.

1. I am expanding my operation and for me that meant a new 9x16ft room being built in my house. I needed stealth (in legal state but stigmas a bitch), so i partitioned a large room and insulated all the walls, ceiling and floor. This room isnt connected to the house's air circulation at all so my main concern is to get some fresh air flow going. I plan on running ducting through the wall to the outdoors.
    I will be running 2 different tents in the room, 1 4x4x7 and 1 8x4x7. Im going to heat the room with electric baseboards and cooling it with a dedicated AC unit in the room. I know there are many methods, but how do you think I should bring fresh air in and exhaust out of the room? Should each tent have its own exhaust and then the room have two fans leading in/outdoors?

I hope I gave enough info to get a solid reply. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you are simply using the CO2 in the ambient air, I suppose the best scenario would be to have your AC pulling air from the outside to cool, that way the CO2 would constantly be replenished. Otherwise, the AC would be recycling the same air inside the room and your CO2 levels would drop. Of course, the hot air exhaust fro the AC unit should certainly go outside.

Thinking about it, in terms of the exhaust from each tent, you could exhaust into the same room, and the AC would then cool that exhaust, or you could exhaust outside, but I figure that the AC probably would not work as hard if you were exhausting into the same room. If you exhaust that hot air to outside, then the tents would constantly be sucking in AC cooled air and blowing it outside, so the AC unit would be constantly be running to keep up, no?

If it were me, I would turn that into a sealed room and use a CO2 burner. That way, you don't have to have any exhausts to the outside, nor do you have to have intake from the outside ( except maybe the hot air discharge from the AC unit). Everything can be contained in the room and you can optimize your CO2 levels, therefore optimizing your yield.

The cost of the CO2 burner with easily be mitigated by what you would be saving by not constantly discharging air from the room to the outside.

3. Each tent needs its own exhaust fan. A mini split heat pump will do the heating and cooling. Add a small co2 burner in the open room and bam, you're done.

4. They don't each necessarily need their own exhaust fan. I am exhausting two spaces with one fan. Just connect both tents with a tee, then the fan, then the filter. Works great. Just have to make sure the fan is powerful enough.