Grow Room Setup Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bigdubb7, Jun 6, 2011.

1. I have a garage space I am trying to grow in, please give any feedback, but about ventilation especially. I am planning on doing perpetual harvest with about 16 - 24 in flower at all times. The 1000 watt lights are on the flowering bud, and the 600's are on the veg. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. In my opinion you have to many lamps on one exhaust..
    Also, how is the flower chamber going to vent heat??

You're chambers are two 12x6' = 72 sq. ft...
    2000 divided by 72 = 27.7 watts per sq. ft.
    1200 divided by 72 = 16.6 watts per sq. ft.

You do not have enough light..
    Suggested is 50 Watts per sq ft at the least to be effective..

You may want to rethink your setup...
    To get the 50 watts per sq ft needed, for each 1000w lamp your chamber should be no more than 4'x5'..

3. The rooms are going to be 10 x 6 because of the 4 ft walk in room. I can make it bigger or smaller to fit what I'm doing, but I also want room to make it bigger. The flower chamber is going to vent in the roof that is already there. I am planning on pulling fresh out out of the window with either an window a/c or an intake and just floor a/c's in both rooms. Thanks!

4. OK, so let's do the math...
    10 times 6 = 60 sq ft.
    2000 divided by 60 = 33.3 watts per sq ft...
    1200 divided by 60 = 20 watts per sq ft....

5. Nice math there bro.

Really helpful for me too when thinking about a garage grow. Cool stuff to think about. didn't even realize that the exhaust wasn't enough.

well played......

6. Well I was referring to suggested light wattage per square foot..
    If you're referring to ventilation, that is a little different calculation..

To calculate the CFM rating which you would need, really depends on the environment of your chamber... Meaning, say you're grow room is within normal temps, you really do not have a heat problem, and just want to bring in some fresh Co2 for your plants. Then the advanced growers suggest complete chamber air exchange in around 5 minutes if you wish to just bring in fresh air..

So to calculate the CFM rating of your fan:
    L x W x H = Y
    Y divided by 5 = CFM of the fan you need.

Example:
    bigdubb7 wants to make a 10' x 6' x 10' chamber (not sure of his height, but using 10' for this example)..

So we want to do:
    10 x 6 = 60
    60 x 10 = 600 (600 cfm will exchange the air every minute)
    600 divided by 5 = 120 CFM
    So to completely exchange the air every 5 minutes we need a 120 CFM blower.

Again this is ONLY an example to help you better understand how to calculate what size CFM blower you need, and your calculations should be done based off the environment of your chamber...

You also should research proper ventilation techniques to get a batter understanding, because there are other factors which will play into how to setup proper grow room ventilation...

:bolt: