Grow Room Setup etc..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by catalysto, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Ok. so.

I have a storage closet thats on a deck, without heat but with electricity. In washington state, being that its cold, i need to find a way to keep this room at the right temperature.

dimensions are 3ft wide x 6ft deep x 9ft tall.

One light fixture above i plan to modify with an adapter to create 3 120V plugs.

Budget is around $300-$400.

Curious what you guys think would be the best thing to do with this space

ie. Type of Lights, # of plants, room prep, ways to have it heated properly.

Thanks in advance,

J

2. A 400w light will heat that room just fine. I currently have a tent in a 14x14 room. I sealed the room from heat, crack the window 8" and have a 4" forced intake that takes air from outside (current temp outside between -10 and 10). The tent stays at 74 and the room at 72. The only heat in that room comes from a 400w digital lamp.

3. #3 catalysto, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
    i was thinking about getting a thin layer of insulation, put that up, and then a layer of mylar, so as to essentially use the whole room as a tent.

Unfortunately there is no window, its just a storage closet, and the door would need to be closed, would a venue for air intake be imperative, or could i just use fans and an exhaust to rid of the excess heat from the 400w hps.

EDIT: And how many plants could be amply lit by that 400w in that space?

4. When adding an exhaust you will need an intake or you will burn your fan out. They also make 1/2" rigid insulation with a reflective foil on it. Not sure how reflective it is compared to mylar.