grow room questions newbie

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by theoffice, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ive decided to start my own grow here at my house, and i have a room in my basement that would be perfect to set up as a grow room. but i have a concern there is some wood that has bee rotted away, i plan on covering the walls, ceiling and floor with Mylar and was wondering if the rotten wood would be a problem with my plants? or will they be ok as long as i do the hanging right. i may put a tarp down before the Mylar for added protection.

this room would be ideal for my grow room because of its location away from everything and it would save me from having to cut holes in my closet floor for venting. and the room is much larger then my closet. 

any and all help would be much appertained. this is my first time growing and i have to start from nothing.

thank you for your time. 

2. As long as you clean the room with a bleach solution before putting up the mylar you should be ok. I would clean every time though just to be safe.

thank you so much ill be sure to do that. i also plan on replacing the wood anyways because theres no point in leaving it that way.

4. #4 Vee, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
    I'd be tempted to get this rot fixed and spend big money to get it complete, you may need to locate the source of the damp, that is causing the rot in the first place, perhaps ground water or leaking pipe???
    Fix it now as having a contractor coming down to your grow bunker in years to come can be a very annoying hassle to you and your lifestyle, with human nature the way it is, in years to come you may well have 100's of canna plants to hide for 2 weeks, as the builder makes the repairs .....lol

the bird fixes the nest then lays the egg?    ....not he other way round ....lol

5. I agree with vostok , call a friend who knows carpentry and fix it before you get going.

if its minor then don't worry, its a weed after all.

I used to have a moist basement but its funny how 1,000 watt lights dry things right up.