Grow room plans !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whizz1988, Oct 14, 2012.

1. #1 whizz1988, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
    hey People i would like to share with you my grow room idea and also ask a few questions. below is my idea for the space i have to make a little grow room dose anyone think the filter would be better inside the grow room and also is this a good place to put things. questions i have are..... Will this be good enough to bring clean and cool air into my grow room my extractor fan can bring in Up to 187 m3/hour. i am goin to have a go a SOG style of grow just because i can fit more plants in the room. how many would people recommend i do in this space?

thanks in advance for taking time to read this and for giving good advice and opinions.
    [​IMG]

2. I'd use an inline fan instead of using the big vent port. How many CFMs? (sorry) Some growers insist having the carbon filter inside the tent sucking in the air, and say it works better. But, if you have the proper carbon filter either way works. I don't know about the sog question

3. my room area 1.1700000000000002 cubed i think that's what you was asking for lol. just had a look though ya first grow and im very impressed this is my first proper grow and im really excited to get it moving but i like to understand as much as i can before i do something. any nice tasty strains you would recommend im a blues man my self but want something different. also iv been told blues really smell. thats another thing what was ur smell like when using the carbon filter ?

thanks for the reply btw

4. #4 cdphalanx, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
    I would think that SOG would be suitable for that space. Is the height measurement accurate? 1760cm works out to about 57ft. You wouldnt want the room that tall, but Im assuming it was a typo.

I also agree on the intake fan vs vent.

Assuming the image is even remotely to scale (it may not be), it looks like this would come to about 1.5ft x 4ft x 7ft (d x w x h). Which would come out to 42cf.

If your fan is 187m3/h that equals roughly 600cfh or 10cfm.

You'd replace the air in the room every 4.5 minutes, which is not bad, but not great either. It will also pull less cfm after adding the carbon filter, too.

5. [quote name='"whizz1988"']my room area 1.1700000000000002 cubed i think that's what you was asking for lol. just had a look though ya first grow and im very impressed this is my first proper grow and im really excited to get it moving but i like to understand as much as i can before i do something. any nice tasty strains you would recommend im a blues man my self but want something different. also iv been told blues really smell. thats another thing what was ur smell like when using the carbon filter ?

thanks for the reply btw[/quote]

I mean how many CFMs is your fan rated for?

Thank you:smoke:

Strain is all personal choice. Some good seed breeders I recommend would be.. green house seeds, barneys farm, dinafem, reserva privada. Good seed banks are original ssc and attitude.

And to the last question inside the tent heaven, outside the tent nothing. It was a cheap filter so I got lucky as for how long its lasted. Can or Phresh are the best in my opinion.

6. yeah the room height is 1760mm sorry (1.7m) . was even higher but i put the false celling in so i can start my veg up there. the reason i made the room 1760mm is cause i wasnt to sure on how hot the 250w hps would get so i wanted plenty of room to move the light. up and down.as for my extraction fan the one i was looking at if from ebay think its 50 quid including carbon filter but think im not goin to skimp in this area and spend a little more for a better product

7. So the room is 1.5ft x 4ft x 5.5ft = 33cubic feet... so your 10cfm fan will replace the air every 3.2 minutes. Much better than previously calculated.

I think youre well on your way to a good grow.

8. thanks for the input guys. when i am up and running i will try do a detailed grow journal.

how many plants would you recommend to be growing also what sorta distance from the light should my plants be ?