Grow Room Odor Control - Honeywell HEPA Filter with Carbon

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tartooth, Nov 14, 2014.

1. #1 tartooth, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    Ok, so I'm doing a micro grow soon in a PC case and scent WILL be a factor as usual.

I'm thinking if I just scrub the air in a closed room with a carbon filter, it should take care of the scent from 1-2 plants in my pc.

I was thinking, I can take a honeywell round air filter and replace the hepa with a second carbon filter so it would have two carbon filters instead of one. 

Just curious if anyone has had any success with these filters? I know that the HEPA filters are useless, but I think with the activated carbon pre-filters in it's place should work the same as a "carbon scrubber" found on ebay. 

I want something that blends in and not "weird or out of place"

I've tried dozens of homemade filters with PC fans that worked terribly (not enough static pressure)

I don't want an inline fan because it's a PC grow, not a grow room and doesn't warrant a huge ass fan. 

Thoughts?

2. I'm not sure I understand why you are doing... PC as in a computer case?  If so there is barely enough room for a good carbon filter in there let alone a plant... I am probably just misunderstood on this though.

As far as carbon filters I have used them for a few years and they are absolutely wonderful.  I do always buy the oversized ones though with a good cfm fan pulling into it though.