grow room design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by waygone, Feb 15, 2003.

1. I am currently using two closets for my hydro systems, one is 2 x 3 (250w agrosun) and then the other is 2 x 4 (400w agrosun); the forner being for flowering, the second for vegging. I have 6 in flowering (1 is mommy for 6 generations) and 10 in vegging. In the latter, the room itself is about 10 x 12, and I would like to consolidate both closets into one general area. Does anyone have sketch plans for creating my own little room within a room? I was thinking of framing a little subroom and separating the two staging areas with a dark medium sheeting.

Thanks for any input.

2. sounds as if you've already solved your problem...
    good luck

3. are you using the lower wattage for budding and the higher for veg? if so i would reverse it

4. One word, or is it two? Drywall. Drywall and 2x4s and some flat white paint will do just fine.

5. NO DON'T DO DRYWALL!!!

PM ME IF YOUR SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING BUILDING A GROWROOM AS I WILL GIVE YOU MY E-MAIL AND WE CAN DISCUSS THIS FURTHER.

To Give You An Idea:

Take a 10x12 room and create a 8x4' Flowering Chamber out of :

1"x2"x8' = 98c/ea. Home Depot (to make a frame)

8'x4' Rigid Foam Insulation (it has foil covering one side - very reflective and better than drywall!)

THIS WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD START.

6. i think hes talking about usong drywall to frame the outside of the little room;)