Grow room conditions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Daidbobby, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Hi I planted my germinated seeds. I’m just wondering if my conditions are right and how long I should expect to wait until I see sprouting. Currently my tank is 30degrees celcius with 40% humity. I’ve been watering the outside of the pots twice a day with a small squirty water bottle as they have felt light. Will everything be ok?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Couple two or three days

Grow room temp 70 to 75 degrees F

3. Hi mate, next time get some paper towel, ( small squares) wet the towel pieces and put the seeds on them, cover them with bottom half of a clear plastic bottle let the seeds pop and wait for the 1st leaves to open up, CAREFULLY lift seedling and piece of towel into your prepared soil, make sure leaves are above the soil. Dont overwater, bit at a time, steady as you go. Gives the seed chance to develop a tap root before it touches soil.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I use this method for everything I grow, these are cucumbers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi mate that’s how I germinated them. I’ve planted them about 40hours ago
    i

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Never fails, have you heard of using aloe vera in the soil, also very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don't worry, they will show.

8. Sweet man thanks, think I’m just too impatient . No never heard of that, would you add that in before the seeds go in?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah as early as possible, some people culture the soil 6 months sometimes a year before putting plants in. Yeah I know bit in depth. Don't throw your soil when ya done either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Starting to get worried now, we’re at 4&1/2days now. Is this a long time for germinated seeds to sprout? It’s my first grow and I just want it to come out ok

11. You got them in soil???

12. Yeah there in soil under a 360watt Led, 80-83F and 40-45% humidity. 3 plants all had taproots when they went in

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Patience brother, they will show.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ok haha thanks manny man

15. Humidity could do with being a touch higher, shallow tray with water in should do it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey bro, so just an update. The seedlings never sprouted. I think my issue was down to overwatering and the temperature of the water I was using. So I binned them and started again. I germinated two more seeds last week. Put them into the pots and they spouted within a day. My light is further away and I’m using water that has been in my grow room over night. Giving them much less water than before also. This is the new seedlings now after 2days

Attached Files:

17. Soil still looks pretty wet, make sure you’re letting it dry out between watering. Use the weight of the pot to help you know when they actually need water. They need far less than most amateurs think .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Yeah bro don't water them too much a havent watered my plant since April 11 it's been 6 days, and still no underwater signs so you really don't need much water at all. I have a thread take a look.

19. I just got finished with my first grow with 6 plants. The biggest thing I learned overall was patience and leave shit alone lol. I was all over it everyday at the beginning. Watering all the time ,picking leaves to much ,thinking I was helping and also me just wanting something to do and be involved in it. Best thing I could have done was leave things alone more. I always kept things moist. Instead of letting it dry out and get some air to the roots like they should. I picked leaves and topped prob way to much and stressed them out . This round with the clones I have just as many tops and haven’t topped them once. Just better training and letting them do their thing. Now I only water when I can see the plant dropping and asking for a drink.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1