Grow Room Build

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Q508, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Wish I would have seen this, 2 weeks ago, I was a cabinet maker for a few years, and love build new grow rooms

2. If the main room is dark most of the time, I would not worry about light leaks because the small amount of light leaving the veg room has to bounce off the walls and get back into the flower room, and even then it's got to be a bright direct light. Grow tents in a bedroom are a different thing, often the plants are hit with direct light around the zip or a rip in the sides facing the light.
    Think about all the plants grown outside with street lamps and when the sunlight reflects off the moon
    also, you are losing so much space with the doors opening inwards, good luck if a plant falls over and blocks the door. your stepping into your grow room, not a good idea, bugs could be on the bottom of your shoes, how are you going to water the plants with a narrow space, it's not going to be easy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 28 inch doors right? IMHO you should reinstall them so they open outward, other than that, great job

• Like Like x 2
  4. That looks sweet! Space will be tight, but if its just for some personal smoke it should be plenty.

5. #25 Q508, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    So this step may have been not needed but I figured why not put a mold and mildew primer up on all the walls to help prevent mold and mildew next up run the electricity and put up the insulation and drywall
    [​IMG]

6. I thought about it once I put them on but I’m not using the front two feet of the grow space so I have room to work on the plants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I went with 24 inch doors it’s tight but works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. So here’s the general idea of what I’m shooting for I plan on having a small perpetual grow the veg room will have a 4x4 space for my mother plants the rectangle in the veg room is a shelf on top will be my clone area below is where I will veg them out till flower 4 at a time then time the flower room has a 6x5 grow space where I plan to flower 8 at a time and keep everything revolving in groups of 4. On the outside will be the controls and electricity for RDWC and co2 in case later on I decide to add it. Hopefully my little drawing makes sense

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here we go so finally some good progress no lie the electrical really slowed me down trying to run it all. The first ax unit was defective so I had to return it for a new one bought the 12k unit but in the return process they messed up and mailed me a 18k unit so I’ll go with the flow. The veg room temp has a intake fan consistently pulling cool air from the flower room and an outtake fan up top that will turn on when temps get to high to quickly even out the temperature did a test run even seems to be working we’ll flower room at 70 and veg room stays about 75 co2 levels are good in both rooms

First picture is the veg room I have a 4x4 space for vegging and the extra space will have a rack for propagation.

Second two pictures will be the flower room my grow space will be 6x5 got the ac up and running the co2 lines ready and dehumidifier

So still on the to dos get a rack for the seedlings/clones two wall mount fans for each room and lights for my flower room I originally planned on using my two 1000w hps lamps but now I’m more leaning towards led probably black dog led but I am open for recommendations

10. [​IMG]

And the lights are up

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Great progress. Perfection takes time, planning and money. Looks like you're managing everything well. Can't wait to see your first crop. Each crop will get better as you dail in all the components. Soon you will blow the tops off your storage jars.
    Keep us posted.

12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And it’s finally done the flower room is done more open space and this is the veg/clone/ mothers not as much grow space as anticipated but all in all ima happy with it next up to do a grow in it

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. #33 CO BlueGreen, Feb 18, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    Looks nice. You may find that your Veg area may not require a lot of space. For several years I have maintained 2-3 strains bonsai moms, root my cuttings and first 3 weeks of veg in a single tray, approx 14"x24" before moving up to the bloom area. I do two plants in my bloom room.
    upload_2022-2-17_18-46-57.jpeg
    front row:
    2 OGee Crasher clones
    4 Blue Dream clones.

Back row is 3 mothers: left-right
    OGee Crasher

Grafted Pebbles Punch right branch
    and Chem Brulee left branch

Blue Dream

As clones mature I will cull the inferior until I have the best 2 of the same strain ready to move to bloom.
    And two plant turn into this:
    upload_2022-2-17_19-4-2.jpeg
    looking forward to seeing your first run in the new space.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry for the duplicate pics,

15. Love your grow space I looked through all your posts while I was building mine. I may have to look into the bonsai method for my mothers but time will tell as my first run goes through

16. Your space has great potential. Be patient, stay organized and after a couple runs you should have it dialed in.

17. Thank you I did a dry run for a week while my seedlings where prepping temps humidity and co2 are all holding good where they need to be

18. Dry run is a good idea. Looking forward to your next post with growing plants.

19. Nice congrats buddy glad to see the room coming together. I’m finishing my run by the end of the month. You won’t regret the c02.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. love your build this far! but dang its small imo. i was thinking of doing a shed kinda like what you have going on but it would be like an 18' x 20' at the smallest that i would be willing to work with. from being constrained to a tent for the past two years i am tired of fighting for space and wanting to be able to work around all pants with ease.

i think with my design change by going to tables vs totes, i may not need as much room, but at the same time with needing sealed rooms for different stages, more room is optimal. 28' x 18' is what i would aim for due to insulation needs and being able to have room to breath.