GROW ROOM BUILD

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CO BlueGreen, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Colorado Home Grow Compliance Garden
    PART 3

Hopefully you have reviewed PART 1 & PART 2 of the GROW ROOM BUILD, if not please go over to my content and check out 1&2 so you are up to speed with the build/

Designed to be in compliance with the Colorado Home Grow Laws, local regulations and to meet the needs of two high use adults. Set up to bloom two plants in a SCROG trellis. This system in my Oregon grow produced 10-14 ounces of flower per plant 4 times a year. These harvests provided flower for vaporizing, pain creams, cooking oil for edibles and Bubble hash. The Bubble is dropped into the vaporizer oven with ground flower for daily medication. I did say the garden was for two high consuming adults.

I started some seeds for the first go round in the grow room. I was looking for desirable strains for my mom/clone portion of the grow. I could tell that the room would be ready before I had my cloning up and growing, so I started my grow with seeds I got at the INDO Show in Portland a few years ago. Once I have my genetics in place I will be clone only on the next crop.

Seedlings: 'True Triangle' left, later found to be male. 'OG Crasher' on right.

IMG_5163.JPG

Years of tripping over tubing and pipe lead me to find a more permanent installation. Top pipe feeds the plant from the reservoir, the lower is return to reservoir. The isolation valves on the feed allow me to adjust nutrient flow and calibrate the pressure at this end. The valve on the vertical tube allows a certain amount of flow back to the reservoir without going to the plants. This arrangement works well and keeps the main feed pipe at full pressure making it easier to calibrate flow at the plant. The union fitting on the side of the bucket allows for quick access to clear minor root growth in the piping midway through the bloom. Years ago I had an overflow at the bucket. Roots had grown 6' down the drain tube. Over time it plugged the tube. Huge mess to clean up. Never again, hopefully.

IMG_5357.JPG

Starting to spread into the SCROG. Only the terminal tip was pruned to shape the plant for the SCROG, see previous photo, pinched above the fourth node. As it grows into the net I work the branches into individual square spaces.

The frame was designed to allow for my knees as I sit on the rolling stool. It’s like sitting at a dinning table. This really save my back and knees. Major pain there (landscaper body). I can sit to work on the plants and roll to three sides of the trellis reaching the entire canopy of flowers.

IMG_5181.JPG

Now growing through the SCROG. 12/12 Bloom day 8.

With the branches spread, all those little interior terminals will catch up in a few days and the canopy will be even.

IMG_5232.JPG

This photo was taken the day I first saw male flowers on the True Triangle seedling on the left. Pulled the plant immediately. Down to one plant, OG Crasher female for sure. It's ok, it can happen to even the experienced.

Day 8 Bloom

IMG_5224.JPG

END OF PART 3. Please check back for PART 4

• Like Like x 3
  2. hey blue....what kind of connector you use on that round bucket?.....maybe I copy your design for 6 plants in my garage...........why the air bucket thingy?

3. I use the air-pot due to the root pruning properties. As roots grow through the holes in the sides the exposure to air prunes the root causing a denser root mass instead of stringy.
    upload_2020-9-4_14-37-11.jpeg
    I’m harvesting tomorrow, large sugar leaf shown above. When I pull the air-pot out of the bucket I’ll snap a pic for you to see. You might like the pricey and reusable container. You really don’t need the air-pot. You can use a regular pot that fits In a 4-5 gallon bucket. Later tonight I’ll grab some old photos from my grows using that idea.
    The bucket fitting is:
    upload_2020-9-4_14-45-21.jpeg
    If you have a hydro store nearby check there. They may have it. Or just google the part info on the bag. When you install it be sure a washer goes on both sides of the bucket. Use clear silicone on the washer surfaces that seal against the bucket walls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. great jounal!

5. Hats off ...hands down ! Amazing

Sent from my LM-X120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks my friend, glad that you like it.

7. I'm die hard table guy , gotta 5 g ,4 bucket ,hydroton filled , 24/7 individually fed...idea !? Lol in my head for long time ,that one day soon I would love to try n put together...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry I really didn't mean to piss on anybody's teaching methods ....!? I'm die hard commercial grower , who insists on getting the MAX.. out every drop and knows dam well how to do it . ..I'm obviously Li to hyper , anxious and way past excited to learn and hear knew ideas ...cause ONE can NEVER know it allll of course... as it is a practice with no end ....It's Mary j , every ones friend ,I'm all about sharing and caring and passing on ..or didn't come here to judge or push anyone aside ...Ive 20 year's in and learn something knew every time and forever will ...lot of awesome , awesome knowledgeable growers on this forum ... none of us are any better then the next in my opinion , and I'm sure as hell not by no means .. I've always respected the next guys opinion ..cause that's alll they are ,, opinions.. idea's etc may work for some and others ...Naa !! Either way I've talked to much again !?!?!? Lol ,. Don't worry brother I'm gone .. would've deleted my account ,of course it won't let me lol teach em well ,teach em right ... just remember your not the only one on hear with great insight ...to the rest wish you allll the best !!!!! P.s Pappa puff if your out there , think your the best what I've learned from watching listening to your great ......Living life one meter square at a time ...✌️

11. Ok what ever, I think.
    Really didn’t understand much of your post or why.
    Can you try again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. what's a die hard table guy?

13. It’s a reference to a efficient hydroponic system that uses a table with raised edges. A timer cycles the reservoir to flood the table containing the potted plants. Sometimes the plants just sit in blocks of rockwool. After a few minutes the pump shuts off and the table drains to reservoir.
    The system will cycle several times a day providing a nutrient/oxygen rich root environment.
    It’s great for “sea of green” growing.

14. thanks blue.......i'm trying a kratky method on a plant....well with air stone bubbles..but no recirculating water..

15. How's that kratky method working for you? Do you like it?

16. the small clones are not dead yet....... :)..I change the nutrient every week like Blue..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keep us posted on that Kratky grow. Maybe a photo next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes the table is how I did hydroponics in the 90s in 3 inch rockwool cube's, works very well for clones.

19. hey blue ..i got bugs on my plants in the greenhouse.....what are they?
    I've been spraying neem oil on them but i think they like the neem oil!

Attached Files:

20. Just do a Google search and it will tell you, I have never had a pest problem, buy good soil and if you are in a green house most of them have a steam system under ground to sterilize there soil before grow.

Attached Files: