Grow Room Air Intake

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Splonk, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Looking for advice on how to intake air to a 10x6 grow room.

There are two 530w leds and an a/c infinity T6 running in the room.

Since I ran the second led,the room is running too hot,85/87f in flower.I currently have the room door open but that's not ideal.

The only intake at the moment is the jam/cracks around the door frame.This isn't enough in terms of temps or CO2 I'm guessing ?

The only solution is cutting a passive vent/an active fan in the door or putting an a/c in the room ? (Both of those aren't a great option for me)

Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you can vent to the outside of your dwelling, that will probably solve your problem.
    There exists a strong enough exhaust fan speed that can make temp and RH inside the space equal to those right outside the space.

Whatever volume of air enters your grow space must also leave the grow space.
    An intake fan is likely to make conditions outside the grow space closer to what they are inside the space, without improving conditions inside very much.

Brute force expulsion by a fan to an outside area is needed to get rid of all the heat, humidity, and stink.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm venting the T6 outside via a vent in the wall.Temps are 85+ with door closed,76-80 with door open.

I thought I would need a passive intake vent 3 times the size of the exhaust vent or else an active intake fan in order to lower temps/bring in more co2 which is beneficial for the plants ?

4. An intake fan will make life easier for the extraction fan, and overall air expulsion will increase.
    Intake + Exhaust might work.

I add intake fans to lower tent portholes when the exhaust fan can't keep the temp low enough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Any recommendation on an active intake fan that I can mount on the bottom of a door as I'm in a room as opposed to a tent ?

6. Any strong fan should work.
    I use those little clip-on fans.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe get another filter/fan id think and vent outside open ur intake flaps at bottom

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would have to cut a hole in the door though so a clip on wouldn't work.

Not sure which fan would fit in the door.

9. I'm in a room though and not a tent..

10. If light leaks aren't an issue, I would keep door cracked open, and blow fan(s) thru the crack.
    The suction of the exhaust fan should keep smell from leaking much.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea light leaks would be an issue as would leaving the door cracked long term.

I'm just thinking,if the temp is at 80 now with the door nearly fully open,surely even with an intake it would be higher than 80 with the door closed..

12. That will depend on how much air flow you can get.
    I think you might be able to get a 2-3 degrees F temp reduction with an intake fan.
    But only trial and error can tell.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well you need a proper intake hole one way or another. The cracks around and below the door will restrict the airflow to a certain extent and could also cause light leaks. If the door needs to be closed then cutting a hole and putting a passive light-proof vent on the door sounds like the best option.

If its still too hot then you might need a bigger exhaust fan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I thought active fans are a better option than passive ?

Would you be able to recommend a 'light proof passive vent',or an active fan that would fit on the door for that matter ?

I'm in a 10x6 with 2 x 530w led and a humy running pretty much constant in flower.
    I'm using an infinity T6 to exhaust.You think the T6 may not be sufficient ?

Thanks

15. That t6 is only 412cfm.... multiply length width x height divide by 3 for minimum cfm u need

• Like Like x 1
  16. 432 cfm

Would that be enough ?

17. For an intake I always like it passive, especially on a door since you'll be swinging it open all the time. The right exhaust fan will create enough negative pressure to nullify the need for an intake fan. One fan is easier to deal with than 2.

You can find the vents on Amazon. Another option is to use black air filters on the inside to block the light. They double as dust filters which is nice.

That's where the trial and error comes in. Cut a hole and see how the passive intake works first. If that was a bottleneck it could bring the temps down a few degrees.

If you want you could do a test before cutting the hole. Take the door off the hinges and put it aside. Cover the doorway with something but leave the bottom 6-12" open to act as your passive intake. You could tape some plastic sheeting to the doorway, tape cardboard boxes together, use a blanket, etc. Leave it for a day or two and see if it makes a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  18. A T6 is definitely not sufficient, that fan is for like 5x5 max. You probably need two T8's or something heavy duty that's like 12 inches+.

• Like Like x 1
  19. That minimum u can calculate it by 2 or all the way down to 1 id shhot for alil more

• Like Like x 1
  20. Two T 8s! Would that not be overkill ? I was thinking to upgrade to one S8..