Grow problems, need help! 'Cush', 'LA Confidential', 'Blue Dream' [pics]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CheeenoEwic, Oct 16, 2011.

1. I know gc has some expert growers and I've learned a lot being on these forums. I definitely am puzzled as to what could be wrong with my plants.

Current stats:
    -week 4 of veg (18/6)
    -Foxfarms seed starter and potting mix 1:2 ratio
    -temps between 70-85, humidity at 55% constant
    -fresh air intake from outside, fan circulating air inside as well
    -always ph 6.0 water

I just took a soil ph and it came back high, so i countered it by adding some ph'd to 4.0 water to the plants. Here are some pics, any advice is appreciated!

*first pic is la confidential, second pic is blue dream

Attached Files:

2. what's the ppm with/without nutes? Wondering you're suffering from nute lockout or too few nutes added. Bump for more senior members.

3. youve been tweaking with your pH wrong. keep it at a steady 6.5. problems wont be resolved immediately but over the course of a couple of days youwill see improvements with regular waterings and proper balance of nutrients. like the above posted what nutes are you using and howmuch per gallon?

EDIT: your sativa looks alrigt but that indica looks to be in bad shape.

4. I haven't used any nutes for the veg period because the hydro shop told me FFOF had enough to last 30 days. I just gave them a 'transition' dose of GH Floranova Bloom, they're going to 12/12 next week. Is it just a lack of nutes? Too much nutes?

5. FFOF does have enough to last but a micro nute or low dose of veg nutes would kept them prime. everything will be fine as long as you stick to what you have been doing. also check your pH before you give water and runoff. you wanna aim for your runoff to show 6.3-6.5. if its high lower you pH as you did the last time and continue regular waterings until it reaches 6.3-6.5. this will most likely require you to adjust pH every time you water from here on. as you should anyways but if you already have a good water your used to then you can skip that step every now again.

6. I'm starting to get scales on all the leaves for all the plants now. Looks like the leaves are being eaten from the inside out. The leaves are starting to curl up as well. Just gave them a light dose of veg nute 20-20-23. Any ideas how long it takes nutes to be uptaked into the plant?

7. oo well thats a pretty high rating of the nutrients you say you used. what nutes did you use? youre wanting something more 6-4-4 in veg or a 2-8-4 for flowering both starting at 1/4 strength and working up to a half, 3/4, or full dose. did you give 1/2 strength with the nutes you used?

8. half strength for the nutes most recent and prior to that a gave the 'transition' dose of Floranova Bloom. It keeps spreading to all the leaves even though the plant keeps growing. It looks like nute deficiency but its getting worse each day.

9. Sounds like nute burn

10. this was happening before i gave them any nutes, right around the 20 day mark of veg. It's driving me crazy cause i don't know what to do and it keeps spreading.

11. well start giving just straight water pH correctly at 6.5 and see if in a week anything clears up. also hows the new growth looking. if the new growth is looking good then i wouldnt worry too much. again though try and cut out nutes for a week and then post some pics. it would be easier to tell if its nutrient caused issue or if its pH caused issue. those are the only 2 things i can think of that would cause any sort of deficiencys.

12. Can't go wrong @ 6.5 and yes absolutely no doubt nute burn and lockout have occured. Just water and you will see them bounce back. Remember less is more always, until you know exactly what your strains can handle. I never go over 1700 ppm in hydro and in soil I go 1100 ppm straight from beginning to end and flush for a week @ the end.

13. I happen to disagree with most of the advice above, but opinions vary. I think you have Nitrogen deficiency. pH of FFOF soil is balanced out of the bag, no need to mess with your water as long as you are leaving it out minimum of 24 hours. Water won't adjust your soil's pH. Organic soils balance their pH regardless (see acid rain hitting the earth every day).

[​IMG]

Look familiar? Pay attention to the part where it says you'll see some purple too.

I think your instinct was correct to add mobile elements. Start slowly as root growth is probably screwed.

Example D is nute burn from Nitrogen overdoes..you have example B going on.

I just had Nitrogen issues myself for the first time ever because I backed off my nutes for a few weeks due to some rotten fish emulsion fucking my shit up.

14. Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll keep you posted

15. I almost forgot to give you the fastest remedy of them all..lol Foliar feed with nitrogen dilution. But do so right before lights out (you don't want your lights burning your plants).