Grow PC- Lemon Skunk EXPERIMENT

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lurch842, Nov 24, 2009.

1. #1 lurch842, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
    Started a grow pc (Stealth) growing Lemon skunk free seed from attitude ordered by Money order.

Have one used case and with 6500K daylights in it (2 lights at the start will make room for 4 26ws).

Germinated the seeds with a sandwich container and three paper towels and distilled water.
    set on top of external hard drive that was just connected not on or in use and produced just the right amount of heat to have a sprout in 24 hours almost to the T. Three points during that time period I gave 20 mins of fresh air. Do not soak the paper towels. Follow germination 420 instructions they are really good.

IN the case I have the reflective bubble wrap that you can buy at ACE hardware By the foot. works really well with hot glue.
    Two exhaust fans, 80 mm one connected to cell phone charger, other a old blue tooth headset charger. works really well.
    will post pics on later tonight.

In two days the germinated seed sprouted.

I used the Peat Pots and some soil from lowes soaked the soil and waited 10 minutes to drain.
    planted the seed just beneath the surface with the white tip down.

after wards keep in a room that has a temperature of 76 after two days the sprout was sticking up moved to the case about two inches away from lights.

Today's progress I have moved the peat pot into a bigger pot as I had a root sticking out after three days under the one daylight bulb, I have since Added a second daylight bulb 26ws 6500k.

Should be good for water for about a week as the pot holds alot of water.

Attached Files:

2. Nice lil setup! Does that pot fit? I mean, I guess it does, but it seems huge compared to the computer case!

3. Nice kit you got set up. I did not see anything in the pics to reference the pot size as graphuto hinted at, watch for heat stress as it grows.

Others with a pc setup grow just fine as im sure yours will. may take a little tying down but keep us posted! :)

4. 1.5 qt pot with drain pan on bottom fits nicely This is going to be the clone case.

The Case is a 86 degrees after a 24 7 never gets any higher. I plan on adding a circualtion pan and place two red led 80mm fans so the light comes out as computer lights.

I have a taller box that I am working on just for flowering it is bout 30 inches tall.

Attached Files:

5. Nice case there man, looks like you are off to a good start!

6. Thanks I am still trying to design case number 2 the light and fan setup.

I am thinking about starting a second seedling but I have heard the lemon skunk takes up a lot of space once it is streched out. Any body grow lemon skunk indoors before? or in a case.
    what i would like to do is make clones from this keep this one going in this case and take the clones to a veg state after the clones have been stable for two weeks as so during the veg state my plants don't out grow my case.

Here is hopefully my baby at one week old.

Attached Files:

7. Day 9 after sprout has came up and looking good. two weeks before I clone 4 weeks till find out out what sex it is? I am looking forward to finding out. If male or female? either way I am going to start a second sprout after I find out.

by the end of the week I should have a very nice method of making a fan controller for whole case with better air movement. The 5 volt cell phone chargers are not producing the results I want so I am going to a 12v adapter from radio shack to a fan controller to all four fans, one circulation, one intake, two exhaust.

Attached Files:

8. Your plant is coming along, looking good! I don't know if you'll get clones in two weeks though, you may want to top it before too long to help out the branching if it doesn't progress the way you want. My plants are on Day 21 and I barely got enough for clones but I was able to cut from two of them.

Good luck man, I'm interested to see how your lemon skunk grows.

9. wow, so curious of this grow. I started a lemon skunk in a pc case, but the thing grew so tall I had to totally change it up. Im wondering if you'll have any success keeping it short!

10. Should be interestingto see how this one comes out. Hopefully the seedling is a girl! Ive heard lemon skunk is stretchy myself, might want to start lsting and switch to 12/12 sooner. They really take off in flower mode

11. Well this pc is for only to keep growing this and make clones off of it if she is female, I have another tall grow box that i am working on just for flowering stage I am working on the wiring and fan setup I will show a picture of where i am at on it.

12. Looking forward to watching your grow.

13. Here is a picture of my flowering box roughly 32'' tall by 10'' wide Just planning out my wiring and fan setup got my holes cut.

Attached Files:

14. Day 10 veg

Attached Files:

15. If i send you a pic can you point me in the direction of topping my baby as I would like to clone here.

lurch842

---------------------
    I do lie all the time and I am fictional writer.
    and I wrote Alice in WL.

16. I am having two leaves turn yellow the rest of the plant looks fine but.
    any body have any ideas.

my heat is excessive and i am removing one of the 23w daylight bulbs so i still have 46 wats going

lurch842

Attached Files:

17. Hell yeah, just send it or post up a pic of the side of plant (of the main stem) and I'll show ya. It's really easy, just cut the stem after the 3rd or 4th set of leaves, or anytime after that.

If you keep those two 23w close like you have been you should be fine. If it's the bottom leaves going to hell I normally don't sweat it too much if the rest of the plant is OK, keep a close eye the other leaves, look for some brown spots forming or tips dying off.

What kind of soil you using? Are you ph'ing the water you give it? Mix in anything to lower the soil ph? Just curious, this stuff will be helpful later if you need to diagnose anything.

18. Ok so to address the heat issue I have added a fourth fan to suck in cool air at the bottom right.

I am using distilled water not really checking the ph just plain distilled water. The soil I will have to check on but it didn't have a NPH levels on it but had fertlizer in it.

I am thinking about moving my veg to garage which is about 32 at night and turning down the fan to address the heat issue as I get average about 80 if i slow my fans I might be able to keep it at a nice temperature with the three 23w daylight bulbs instead of 103 when I came home at lunch with the lights on.

If I can use a cutting to get a clone I would love that but I doubt I can off my topper.

I have take root and super thrive which would be better for cloning down the road?

I am having trouble finding Rock wool.

so I am going to use jiffy pleats.

Attached Files:

19. I am getting some brown spots and I believe that is magnesium def?

I believe I have made a diluted solution of miracle grow that has magnesium to fix the problem. as well on the two leaves I have cut off the yellow portions of the two bottom leaves as I have heard that helps.

20. 12/9/2009

I have topped my plant solved my magn def problem and germinating a kc brains brains escape,

I have constructed and installed my 4 fan thermatech controller and it is running of a 12v adapter with 1am total. works very well with the three 80 MM fan I am wanting to find a new o2 fan for circulation and find a DIY CO2 generator to help out the plant and future clone and brains hopefully in a week she will sprout.

Attached Files: