Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grow or NOT to Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by newmommy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hello, looking for some good feedback from a community that is pro weed. My boyfriend and I are expecting our first child in 6 weeks. Although I'm completely okay with using mmj I'm completely opposed to the idea of him growing it. MMJ is the only substance he uses daily but he lives and associates with people that are using HARD drugs such as heroin, coke & whatever else they can get their hands on. I'm very liberal but this is NOT acceptable to me. When I found out I was pregnant (October) I completely flipped out on him & his roommate over growing weed & using drugs...I've been banned from their house ever since. He has continued living there growing weed leaving me alone with this pregnancy. We see each other about every two weeks...I pick him up & we go to a park or restaurant to spend time together. We're in our mid 30s & I feel this is complete BS. I want him to move out & prepare for our baby but his main priority is finding a place where he can continue to grow weed. I would also like for him to find new friends that are not involved with drugs but I'm not sure if he even see this as a problem. These two issues are huge sticking points for me & I don't feel I can accept either. I'm okay with him smoking weed all day everyday but I don't want him to grow it. I feel like if I don't accept him he will not be part of this child's life. Please Help!!!!

2. I don't think his friends should be doing all that crazy shit, but telling him to blow em off and find new friends is kind of wrong. I mean as long as they're not really close friends, it's all right.
    As long as he is responsible and doesn't get into that shit or bring it around you/your child.

I don't see a problem with him growing weed, but it shouldn't be his number 1 priority, which it sounds to me like it is.

3. Sounds like you picked a real winner. You should spend your time on preparing for your new child, not trying to completely change some guy. Sorry, but if he wants to get serious then he will. Maybe he'll get his shit together when he actually has a kid tuggin on his pantleg.

4. Tell him if he wants to live with his baby he needs to stop growing. I would NEVER grow when there is a child under the age of 18 living under the same roof. Hopefully he'll get his shit together when he sees his child alive and breathing. You have a lot of power in this situation family courts won't even hesitate to give you full custody if you mention hes growing Cannabis.

5. Let me expand....his roommate is a heroin "junky"...him & his girl had a baby last summer that was born addicted to both heroin & crack cocaine and is now a ward of the state. Do you still think it "wrong" to ask him to look for new friends & blow these fools off?

6. tl;dr

Just grow

7. #7 jackstraw419, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    Congrats newmommy. Id let him grow but that is just me. Make him do it where its out of site super stealthy. Like a garage or somewhere out of the way. Attic is a good spot too. If he smokes like a grower. He will never be able to smoke like that if he has to by weed all the time. Let him grow on a small personal scale and your good.
    Does he have an MMJ card by the way? If so whats the problem. If you dont tell anyone you grow. No one knows.

I have 4 children under the age of 5 BTW. I rock my shit super stealth. Or better yet for you both maybe he can find a friends house he can grow in. split the costs or something. That way he gets to grow and you dont have to worry about it in your house.

8. Weed is super cheep here...it cost more to grow than buy. Housing is really expensive...to find a place that is big enough for his grow op...he's looking at living in the ghetto. I like that I can go two blocks away & buy some of the best weed on the planet & not live in a fuck'n sauna with an outrageous electric bill. I want to put all my energy into raising my child...not growing weed. I luv weed too....hell my whole family does...but with low retail prices why grow????

9. [quote name='"newmommy"']Let me expand....his roommate is a heroin "junky"...him & his girl had a baby last summer that was born addicted to both heroin & crack cocaine and is now a ward of the state. Do you still think it "wrong" to ask him to look for new friends & blow these fools off?[/quote]

I do. I just dont think thats a good way to start a family though. He'll just think you're a bitch for making him give up his friends and the things he likes to do. As long as he doesn't bring it around your guys' child, I don't see the problem. You said his friends are junkies, not him.

Trust him to do the right thing or realize he's not a good father figure.

10. My due date is 6 weeks away....& I'm bitch cause I don't want him to live with a heroin user....what planet are you from???? You must use heroin too!!!!

11. There is no place where retail prices for weed is cheaper than growing. Just let him grow, and it's not your business who his friends are as long as he doesn't bring your child around them, or do the drugs they do.

12. [quote name='"newmommy"']My due date is 6 weeks away....& I'm bitch cause I don't want him to live with a heroin user....what planet are you from???? You must use heroin too!!!![/quote]

Lol, I wont take that personally cause you're pregnant. I never said you were a bitch but in his mind, you will be. If he doesn't want to do these things for himself, he certainly wont want to do them for you. Just so you know, most guys don't change the entire way they live for some woman. That's why I said earlier that hopefully a kid will change his mind. I mean you said he banned you from he and his buddy's house for christ's sake

13. I would tell her not to come back to if she flipped a shit over some stupid bullshit. Who gives a fuck who his friends are as long as he's not doing the drugs, or bringing them around you or your kid.

14. Thanks!~ You have helped clarify what kind of intelligence I'm dealing with.

15. [quote name='"Kimmo"']

I would tell her not to come back to if she flipped a shit over some stupid bullshit. Who gives a fuck who his friends are as long as he's not doing the drugs, or bringing them around you or your kid.[/quote]

That's what I'm sayin. She needs to let him be an adult. If she can't accept him for who he is, she needs to move on. Isn't that better for her and the kid? When you force someone to do something, its only natural to resent them. I think that's what'll happen to this guy. The kid will eventually figure out that daddy hates mommy cause she doesn't let him play with his toys.

16. Keep telling yourself that....great weed for super low prices here in colorado. He's been growing for five years & hasn't saved one penny + I'd rather buy a new strain each week.
    If you play with shit...you're going to get shit on you. Try it & see for yourself

17. It has nothing to do with intelligence or I.Q. or anything. It has to do with privacy and lifestyle choices. If he does not want to live with you, that's his choice. From the attitude you display on these forums, I'm not surprised at all that he doesn't want to live with you. His friends should be none of your business. It becomes your business when your child's father starts doing those drugs and/or bringing them around your child. If he wants go grow weed and live with a roommate and is capable of being an adequate father, why not?

So you can buy an ounce of really good bud for about $25-50? From a dispensary? I think not.

18. I see you don't pay an electric bill... if so please justify your math. BTW...I'm an accountant & small business consultant. I know these #'s well.

19. grow that chit bruh

20. I'd have banned you from my house too.

You have no right to tell him who he's allowed to be friends with. Like everyones already stated, as long as it's not directly affecting you or your child, then fuck off.

<3