Grow Operation Update

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pumpkin Man, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Hi Folks:

I thought I would give you a little run-down on my first time grow operation. I did post pictures of my 5 survivors.

I started out with 12 seeds. 10 THC bomb and 2 Sour Deisel. Only the 2 Sour Deisels and 4 of the THC bomb plants actualy germinated. I began the flowering stage about a week and a half ago, and found out this morning that 2 of my THC bomb plants were male. There were polin sacks everywhere on them, so I promptly pulled them. I think I might have some seeds in my girls, but the flowering stage is pretty much at the beginning so I may have saved my sensimilia. However, if I do have seeds, then I maybe I can try to germinate some of them. If the Sour Diesel plant has seeds, they will be a cross between THC Bomb and Sour Deisiel.

Perhaps I should call it Unibomber, because he used diesel fuel in his bombs, and it sounds better then Sour THB Bomb, or Diesel Bomb.

At any rate, maybe I got lucky. My next grow is going to be with feminized seeds only, deeper flower pots, and the right kind of fertilizer from the get-go.

The Pumpkin Man

2. Nice, congrats!! Sucks that you lost so many, would be an interesting cross if you get any seeds out of it. Keep it green bro, looking forward to the next update.

3. I am a complete amateur noob at growing but I don't see whats so bad about leaving a male or two in your grow. Surely some free seeds and opportunity to make hash from them isn't such a terrible prospect?

4. Most of your crop will be seeds.......harvest a lb and get 3/4 pound of cannabis seeds.

Also, grow out a few males and make hash with em....then get back to me on yield and potency of said hash..... it won't be :smoking: compared to your buds.

Seperate out your males, and the pollinate a single branch. You'll get hundreds of seeds, and still keep your semsimilla for smoking.:D

5. I didn't know you could make hash from a male plant, so I 'jumpet the gun" and got rid of them. They are in a paper bag drying out, They are not fully matured, but maybe I can mix them with all the clippings after the harvest and make hash from everything left over from the harvest and the males.

Also, I am not 100% sure that any of the females were polinated. I was thinking in terms of the old cliche "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade" by putting some of those seeds in my next grow if I do get seeds.

My next grow is going to include at least 5 Black Jack plants. I ordered them over the web, and I ordered feminized seeds.

The Pumpkin Man