grow op in a shed :D

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by D1ddyD4nk, Mar 25, 2014.

1. So I have a 7 x 7 shed with a 7 ft ceiling. The roof in this shed is triangular so it counts me out of getting a tent or box for a smaller wattage operation. I plan on using 1 and 1/2ft area on all 4 sides as a walk-way. So I have a 4x4 grow area with 7ft vertical space in the center of the shed.
    So far, I've been using a 3x4 ebb and flow table under a 600w HID to illuminate the whole building. It has worked fine for veg but when flowering,I just don't feel like it's enough light. Maybe if the walls were closer to the edges of my table...
    The summer tends to swelter in my shed with an HID burning in there, so I'm considering going LED.
    When I make the transition, I'd like to invest in enough light to illuminate the entire 7x7 space.

I have saved enough money to remodel in nearly anyway imaginable. To be honest, I'd like some other brains input on any topic of this matter.

2. Some pics of the space you need help with may be a good start. I can "guess" but it won't do YOU any good, and I don't want to waste my time making shit up... I do enough of that with my own grow space and modifications!

3. Do you use portable ac or window unit

4. My shed is in Colorado at near 7000’ elevation. Hot dry summers and cold winter. It’s 8 x 12 but you might get some ideas from my build journals. In the build I started with 2 400 watt HIDs. Used Covid stimulus to convert to led. Now using 4 Spider Farmer 1000s, 400 wt total.
    Let’s us know what you do.

HOME GROW BUILD links

#1 & 2
    GROW ROOM BUILD

GROW ROOM BUILD

HOME GROW BUILD

HOME GROW BUILD