Grow One in Airpots

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Azzazal, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Yeah dude. You're plant looks so healthy and so green! Props! Good vibes your way.

2. Thanks Ed, I will cut them off. OK oK, I will TRY to cut my lady. :eek:

Thanks alot :0)

Azza :wave:

3. Suppose this is growing into a proper grow diary :eek:

Way at the start of this,I scored yet another OZ of wet and uncared for smokeable. I moaned about it to the wife and was sort of dared to try and grow a plant or 2. Her words were "if you can grow anything I will fund the project!". A challenge if ever I heard one!
    Man style, I got annoyed and I decided that I would only spend my current oz price to start my grow. I have mostly stuck to this :devious:
    OK I say mostly, I ran out of weed for the first time in years this week :hide:.
    So in my madness, I have decided, this extra budget from not buying will cover the cost of the dehumidifier and nuets and I wont bother smoking to sleep.
    Sounds poor in words I suppose,smoking to sleep but I'm a light smoker and really do use this plant to relax and do normal stuff, you know,be able to sit down for a while or play with my 2 children.
    This week so far, without my usual 2 smoked per night, yeah 2 :D, one at 6ish and one at 10ish
    I have dropped cups, had problems standing to shave and have been unable to carry my 2 year old on my left side. I was about to go into a mega moan about day to day but I can't because there is always someone in the world worse off than me....

Tonight I went out and felt like shit, did my usual of hand dragging, watering outside the tent , humping the water logged pots into the tent, photos, and faffing about and thinking to myself....

Bite yer cheeks! Azza :eek 40 DAYS MAX TO GO :hello:, NM sleep/play...

Least I wont need to go to some shady area and deal with someone I really don't want to know, getting who knows what!.

Update of me and my air pots.......

Attached Files:

4. Hah, sounds familiar to me. My wife initially played the antagonist and now shes my cheerleader.

I just informed her shes on trim duty in a couple weeks. Bellyaching ensued.

5. Your plants are looking beautiful!

6. Thanks everyone for the kind replies, I ended up getting more top max booster.

Next run I will be using chempak 2 and 4 and most likely molasses. I have enjoyed this grow but the reality is I am unable to keep up the hand watering. Blumats maxi system has been asked for. I'm being told that I will be getting them after x-mass :D

Attached Files:

7. .... sorry double posting FTW

8. Hey Azzazal, quick question for you:

Did you start your seeds out in airpots?

I started a bunch of seeds in small rootmaker airpots and they are growing slooooow.

I pregerm (soak + paper towel). 100% germ rate. Then I place in these:

[​IMG]

Last grow I started out in little dotpots and they took off.

Not sure if its the airpots, or that the seeds are sativa dominant. Any ideas?

9. In my original post i Posted,

" In 8 days my small seedlings managed to fill out from root riot cubes and very small seedling pots to a full 3l Airpot. "

So basically I used root riot cubes in a small seedling cup filled with pre soaked coco. I cover'd them in cling film and fired them under my 250 hps set bout 24 inches away. When the seedling got near the cling film, I removed it and fed with rhizo and water. After a couple of nodes grew I moved them into the 3l ones and started full feeding.

First post pics will give you and idea of the roots mass after 9 days.

I'm assuming that maybe moving them early into the air pots caused the riot of growth!

Hope that helps

10. You plants look the healthiest I have ever seen in pictures. Great grow. However, it would be cool if you took a moment a listed the step by step, including things like watering schedule, nutes schedule, actual products used, etc...

As for the EC meter, it doesn't look like you need one mate!

Your jounal has been good and your plants look out of this world. A few more details in your grow history would be a huge help to people like myself.

In any case keep up the good work. Looks like your lady will be paying up big time. :hello:

11. Thanks you very much for your kind words, my friend had a wee look and exclaimed they aren't really green them kinda blue, I take it that was a good thing!
    I will try and close off some of your questions

1mx1mx2m cheap tent, second hand 4inch VK extractor and small carbon filter. passive air intake via a bit of ducting.

I use the Canna coco line, a+b, rhizotonic, PK and Top max as my booster.

I use a 21l bubbler bucket to hold my nuets with one airstone, I have stuck to 50mil A and B throughout this whole grow and used the recommended rhizo and PK. *( i ran out of rhizo 2 weeks ago and i'm to tight to go buy it again).
    I hand water every 2 days and have done since the start. I sometimes water till run off depending on how much pre mix I have in my bubbler bucket.
    For PH I use the cheap drop tester, I have made a few mistakes with PH down and fed the plants ph5 all the way up to ph7. They simply haven't shown any signs of not feeding or stress even when the PH has been 5.

The only temps or humidity I measure are the ambient temps outside the tent. The room now sits at 50rh and 61 temp. I managed this by getting a used dehumidifier.

I really do hope some folks feel inspired by my attempt because I have done this on the cost of less then 2oz I'd be buying locally!

Regarding the wife, I think I will demand sexual favours instead! Cause I can only smoke so much anyways! :D

Few more pics from me, 42 days from 12/12 flip and i have NO IDEA when to start flushing etc :eek: :eek:

Attached Files:

12. Dude those pictures look so healthy.

Thanks for all the information and for your grow journal. I really try to understand the litle differences between individual grows. The better the info the better the over all picture. And, when I see plants as healthy as yours obviously like the rest I am trying to figure out what you did right.

I can't wait to get started; waiting for my seeds. But I am really glad their as so many contributors like yourself that share your experience so that people like myself can be as best informed as possible. So a big thank you.

Your plants look rock star!

13. Thanks so much, boosts me no end when I am trying to manhandle the pots in and out the tent :0).

I forgot to say my medium is cana coco pro 50l with 5l of perlite mixed in.

So this evening the ladies had 20l of water, using 50ml of A and B, re filled my bucket with tap water, turned on my air stone awaiting my next brew.

All trapped in a 1m tent! Last 2 pics are of an Eva Seeds monster, 12/12 from germ and in a 1l :eek: air pot.

Attached Files:

14. Dude, those pictures look incredible.

You started with 250 watt hps and than upped that to 400 hps. But I didn't see you mention anything about MH or CFL. I take it you didn't use any lights with 6500 kelvins?

15. I've got a closet that is 60x55cm, so around 3 and a half sqft. So I will only grow maybe three at the most. Probably only one or two at a time.

I have order seeds from two different companies. From Attitude I bought

1) lowryder #2 x AK47
    2) Maui Waui
    3) G13 x Haze
    4) Skunk #1
    5) Pineapple Express

Freebies from Attitude (some of the freebies are extras do to a mistake they made)

A) Amnesia Haze Feminized
    B) Shining Silver Haze Feminized
    C) Blue Mistic Feminized
    D) Fast Bud Feminized
    E) Speed Devil #2 Feminized
    F) Green Poison Feminized

Plus since Attitude mistakenly shipped my order to America I placed a back up order to
    marijuana-seeds.nl; which are also in the UK.

1) Top 44
    2) Lemon Skunk

Freebies

A) Pure Afghani

Because of my vacation I was going to start with the lowryder x ak47. But now since my order got f'd up I will start with the TOP 44 since it is suppose to be the fastest start to finish. It will finish as early as 6 weeks!

By the way I have still not recieved either order. I am hoping today something will arrive.

I bought some cfl's but I will also be picking up a 250 watt hps this week. If I didn't have to leave my plants for a week over the xmas holiday I would go with the air pots too. But I am worried that they will dry out too much whilst i am gone. Also, I have ph- but no nutes for the moment. And, it will be Biobizz soil.

The TOP 44's are only suppose to have one short steam, so I may plant up to 2 per sqft (or six).

I would have a constant erection if my plants looked as good as yours. So I will see if my local has the same nutes that you used. I have a few more questions for you but i will save them for later.

16. No I only used 250 HPS for veg, until about week 1 of flower. I switched out to a borrowed dual spectrum bulb 400w and will be using it till the end. I only swapped it out because I germinated too many plants and all turned out to be FEMS. I didn't have the heart to cull 2 :smoke:.

You have some fine seeds there, might i suggest a pineapple and lemon for your next grow, both are lovely smokes!

You could Try coco hempy buckets and flood the pots in a deep enough tray to cover the bottom hole in the bucket, that may last a week.

I can't see myself changing from coco expecially now as my blumat maxi's have arrived. Pity I cant use them till this grow is done. Will be fun though dialing them in.

Azza

17. I've read that both coco and the air pots need to be water slightly more frequently than soil and normal pots. I would be right there with you on both if were not for me leaving one week for the xmas holiday. I will give it a go my next grow

The seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl arrived today. So I will be germ'n two Top 44's and two Lemon Skunk tomorrow.

You have a great thread and you grow looks absolutely amazing. I have picked up some really good tips from you, so thank you very much. Of course I will be following your grow through to the end. I'll PM you my grow journal link in the next few days.

Since this will be my first indoor grow I can only pray that my babies will look half as good as yours.

18. Thanks you very much for you kind words :eek:

I did manage to leave my plants for a full 3 nights, I just left enough water in the plant trays to allow the first inch of the airpot to be submerged, It work for me. I would say 5 nights would be possible with no detriment to the plants as long as they could wick.

I am looking forward to your journal :0), January will be a new venture for me. Big plant, small hps and a bondage session from hell.:devious:. I will be changing to the cheapest nutrients possible. It will be fun!

Canny wait

I learned so much from ED.... :hello:

19. So here I am again, It is now 49 days into flower and mostly all is going well!

I say mostly, I am now wondering when I start to go for a flush!

Any help or advice based on my current photos would be great

Attached Files:

20. F'n beautiful! Wish I had your problems!