Grow One in Airpots

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Azzazal, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Nice looking plants.
    Just got back from the hydro store got 3 16 liter (4.3 gallon) ones along with a leach tray to sit them in for water run off. Luckily I didnt have to order mine online as there are two places 1 in Sacramento and the other in Auburn where I get the Technaflora nutes I use. The 3 air pots and the leach tray to sit the 3 in all together came to a little uner $60.00 out the door. The link below is the hyddro store I got them at but they dont list all the different sizes they have in the store. Was gonna go with the 5.2 gallon size but after looking at them they would have taken up to much room and using a round plastic plant saucer to cat the run off would have left little room for other plants next to them.

container planting in soil containers

2. Looks great:hello:bravo +rep and all that

Too bad I hadn't seen your post before I bought a bunch of pots lol...

3. Air pots my side of the pond work out about 6 bucks for 10l and 9 for a 30! Import duty, you gotta love it :/

I hope your not married though and have a large garden, your other half will no doubt steal them for the garden!

GL on them

4. Awesome looking plants man glad to see you have got your humidity back under control, i was just wondering though do you think a DIY air pot would be doable by simply drilling a whole bunch of holes in a reg pot? I would like to try them out but unfortunately i don't have much spare money laying around so i was just wondering what you think?

5. #25 Azzazal, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    I'm not sure if that would work as the roots wouldn't be turned towards the holes, a key design of the air pots. The "nipple" design seems ti be the key to the pots.
    Saying that, I now wonder if you could use a large flexible seedling tray and wrap it into a circle, make a base out of mesh etc, It would be a good experiment!

Azza

6. Like Azzazal said its the way they have an outward nipple design with a hole at the tip to direct the root growth outward towrds the hole to be air pruned. I think trying to make one would be a project that would cost more in money and or time then it would be comapared to buying one.

7. No wife or girlfriend and I`m the only one that trys to grow any kind of plant.

8. I'm not sure how to respond to that :D, long as your happy :wave:

So another Pic update, the 4 bagseed and the Eva seeds monster. My space is full to busting.

I still haven't got an EC pen and use ph dropper test kit, I don't measure grow space temps but all in all not a bad "test" so far!

* My Lady has given me a few seeds to play with, a present! I think she is now hoping I don't ask for some mega grow kits :p

I have Eva seeds Missing and African Free as well as 4 more Monster beans!

I am thinkin' she is secretly proud :D

9. SHe should be proud, looks great man keep it up

10. Your plants look fantastic! Hell of a job man! Keep it up and you'll have some fine smoke here soon.

11. #31 Azzazal, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010

Thanks Ed!

Gonna say again, without your coco guide, I would have still been trying to get low quality wet weed at inflated prices.

Plants are now getting too big for me to shift in and out of the tent, I will be hunting for a 900mm x 900mm plants tray.

I also have run out of topmax booster, anyone know of a nice cheap alternative?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

12. #32 Azzazal, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    #

Well no reply at the inn Azza!

Inc Miss frosty, She is showing the same weather patterns as the car/garden.

I'm now praying that I can get this grow done, It's soon freezing taps time in the grow room /gulp!

Attached Files:

13. Looks good Azz, sorry I didnt respond about 'Topmax'...:eek:...I dont use it...I do use the complete FoxFarms line, all 3 liquids, and all 3 souluables. But since you were looking for a 'cheap' option I didn't mention FF, as they are not the cheapest option:D

14. Awsome grow man +rep comin your way. I just started coco yesterday and waiting for my seed to break ground, I can only hope mine turn out as good and healthy as yours. I have a question about your air pots. Is the nipple on the inside to and is there a small hole all the way through? I ask this because I lst all my ladies and need something to tie to. I just punch holes in the tops of my plastic pots but that obviously won't work with these. I need the hole big enough to feed a single string of hemp string through.

15. Just chiming in on the cheap nute comments.

Check out the Technaflora "Recipe for Success". You get a whole box of nutes, solubles, etc that should last a couple small grows for under $40.

They contain PH buffers as well, so for hydro you really don't have to worry about PH up/down (unless you have really off water).

I've been using them for a few weeks at max strength with pretty good results.

16. After using the same nutes minus the Sugar Daddy for now with straight tap water and molasses mine PH`s out around 6.14. I`m in the process of finishing up 6 Romulan clones that were in soil before I got stuff for a coco grow.

17. The nipples hav a good sized hole to enable easy LST, I'd imagine you could get up to all sorts of bondage using the hundreds of holes on the pot :p

Little update from me, 33 days in.

Attached Files:

18. Looking good! Those buds are gorgeous :)

19. Thanks Ed!

Would some kind soul tell me if the bit of yellow on the below pic is anything to worry about. It is only one of the plants in the herd

Thanks in advance

Azza

Attached Files:

20. To me there's not enough leaves affected there to worry about, there's always a casualty or two in flowering, especially when you get half way, bottom leaves will start yellowing and dying off.

I would cut the yellow leaf you are seeing and keep an eye out for any others. The slight browning on the tips can be a few different things, like magnesium def or calcium or nute burn, so just make sure it doesn't progress.

They looks pretty damn good to me :)