Grow Log DWC/CFL day 1 flowering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Tri Town King, Apr 30, 2012.

1. just started flowering today.7 40watt 27k cfls with a few 52k till a few days into it then ill have 10 40 watt 27s for the rest of the grow. im using Flora nova Grow/Bloom with general hydroponics mico nutrient. and just made a small yeast/sugar mix for some Co2 in the room. let me know what you think tips coments. i dont have ducting fans now but i have the rooms door open all the time. and i keep the temperature around 75 80. 3 fans inside to keep the air moving bellow nicely and also the 2 inch distance portion between the cfls and bud tops.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Psych BroMigo, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    So how much did almost 20 bulbs cost you? Like over a $100 I'm guessing.

Could a bought a REAL light. I simply will never understand why people grow with CFL's

3. only reason i see for using cfls is for heat problems...but then again add tons of them and u will still get more heat which cant be air cooled... and with cfls you have half as many lumens as a HID light :p

4. your plants do look very nice and healthy though!!! good job

5. I'm also currently flowering under cfls. They are expensive, and substandard compared to hid, but as panda said, it's a heat issue. LED's on a light mover work pretty well, but VERY expensive. Even then, you get plenty of lumens per watt, but very poor light penetration (the mover helps this).

Tri Town King, the grow looks good man. Looking forward to following along.