grow location?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by thefirmm111, Oct 27, 2006.

1. hey i wanted to start to grow or at least try. i found this cool place that is a few miles from my house, its very descrete. there is a little stream flowing under a few trees and this place is deserted. i was wondering if i tried to grow there off the 'riverbank' (or whatever you want to call it) if it would grow nicely there? i wouldnt go to water it, so would it be ok in the soil that is probably pretty damp? im not expecting the nicest crop out of this, but at least a crop that would grow? tell me what you think, thanks.

2. yeh you might have a small issue with the time thing . but if you are in the sothern hemisphere you have got lots of tme

3. if you are in the N hemisphere you MUST wait for spring. MJ will not grow outdoors in the winter.

4. yes i'm in the N. hemisphere and i do know i have to wait till spring, that was my intentions. so what do you think about the idea now?? if i planted in spring that is...

5. thats what im doin after last frost through your seeds in the ground
    as for location find local power lines and run your seeds down those just inside
    the other shrubs and shit they dont need solid light all day everyday when there outside they grow alot man trust me huge yeilds you can get about 2-3 lbs. of 10-15 3 foot to 5 foot plants ive done it:hello:

6. i've read that you should'nt grow right next to a stream because the soil won't dry out and the marijuana plants roots need a dry period to get oxygen to the roots. so if it doesn't dry the roots will sufficate and stuint growth. just my $.02

7. Growing MJ successfully takes time, patience and a willingness to learn. But your spot sounds good, a water supply is a BIG +. They should not be too wet as has been pointed out, but plant them near to the stream where there is good lush local vegatation growing. All plants have generally similar requirements. And do visit them as often as you can with ferts and TLC. Good luck.

8. If you thinks its to wet for the plants, just grow in pots and that always gives the advantage of being able to move around as well if you found a better spot or the government decides to develop the area. Also if your unluky like me and the natural soil is dust.

9. i know it sounds dumb but look where there are clumps of weeds in the ground bc weeds have the same problem as mj when it comes to root rot so you can use that clump as an indicator. and all you have to do is bring a jug and water her every 2-3 days or so