Grow Lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Baked Ninja, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Hey guys. Im a super noob to this growing thing so please be easy on me. I need to get a grow light/lamp and need some adive. How many watts do i need? which are the best? How much money will i have to spend to get a good one? also can u take a look at this link and tell me if it would be any good for growing? any help is very much appreciated.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/225-LED-Mix-Red-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2. I wouldn't buy that... what is the size of the grow-space you using?

3. yeahh thats to cheap to be any good. umm im going to grow in my old r.v. youll have to give me a sec on the space but about the size of a large kitchen table if you can get something outta that

4. table is about a meter and a half by a meter and a half

5. thats like 4.5'x4.5'A 400w Hps or Metal Halid is great for that.Unless you tryin to do cfls

6. what do you suggest? prices?

7. I'd go hps/mh you can get one for like $117 before shipping then it's like 143 w/ shipping.

www.htgsupply.com

8. I agree. 400W mh/hps switchable ballast with a cool tube.
    http://www.htgsupply.com/ people seem to like this site, but ive never used it.

9. That is a good system, and although there are some out there with mh/hps switchable, the one you posted is just HPS. You can do an entire grow with just HPS, or you can buy an MH conversion bulb, which they have listed on that same page.
    Rough estimate is 100W per plant, however depending on what bulb they give you and what style of growing your going to do, you can fit 4-6.
    Are you going in soil?
    Do you know what type to get?
    Water?
    Nutrients?
    Fans?
    Pots/containers?

10. im going with soil i dont know what type im going to use. im growing bc cronic. and i dont know any of this what soil, fans, water, growth formula, size of pot all these different light bulbs. i reaserched alot but none of it really made sense to me.