grow light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjahrastafari, May 2, 2013.

1. 65 wtt plant light good or no good???

2. If you mean the cheap 65 watt plant light that looks like a flood light, i can say that i have used it before but its not what you want. your plants will stretch really long between nodes and they put out a good amount of heat as well. Wallmart sells a 17w florescent grow light for like 10 bucks and most pet stores have 10w cfl lights (compact florescent) for around the same price. either of these will give you less heat and more lumens for about the same cost as the plant light and will save some cash on your electric bill as well :smoke:

3. Yea hahah that one, so what if I keep that one going plus main on the plant the LED light?

4. Better off going to a hardware store or where ever and getting a 65 watt cfl (actual watts - not what it "replaces"). Probably cheaper. While you're at it, get a few more than that because you will need at very least two for one plant. Just remember to check the side of the box it comes in for the actual watts used listed, its "K" number or Kelvin - you want 5000K or higher for veg, and around 2700K for flowering. Go over to the lighting section of the forum - much good info there.

5. Nevermind didnt see a diference, I think Im better off with the LED light thats on.her