Grow Light question

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by JMFG, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hi, i am pretty new to this site and i am hoping to get more into this community. I figured i would start with a question.

If i put a blue screen(plastic, used for stage lights) over my 400w Mh Light fixture, would that improve the vegetative growth rate? has anyone ever tried anything like this? I know the plants need a lot of light in the blue spectrum, but my knowledge is very limited in this field, i have always done outdoors.

If im getting anything wrong, or im in the wrong place please let me know.

2. Welcome to the community! Make sure to check out stickies in the forums, they will help with a lot of questions about indoor growing.

I'm not sure the blue plastic screen would help much and might even melt under a MH bulb. If you already have 400w light, that should be sufficient enough to get decent growth. I'm sure you already may know but if not, look up the difference between MH and HPS lights and when to switch from one to the other.

Happy growing!

3. thanks man, i have been looking around, trying to stay in the right forums.

I figured it wouldnt do much, i dont think it would melt though, it has a pretty high temperature resistance.

thanks for the advice though