Grow light not working, help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Mandyrarsh, Jul 9, 2020.

1. My brand new hortivision 600w dimmable has bulb grow light isn't working.

Everytime I plug it in the bulb will glow blue/purple for 1 second then the power to my house will cut off and ill have to reset the power outlet switch on the electric box outside.

I'm plugging it straight into the wall, no extention cords or powerboards.

Anyone else experience this? Any and all advice appreciated, cheers.

2. Sounds like you are overloading the breaker. Is there a lot of things plugged in near it that are drawing a lot of electricity?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes. A 40cm oscillating fan, a 6 inch intake fan, a 1200 watt led light, ps4, tv, heater, and two charger cables, all in one room.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Sounds like you are pulling more electricity through that rooms breaker than the breaker is rated for, u will need to have an electrician install a higher amperage breaker on the panel or take some stuff out of that room

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That sucks. Anyway, thank you so much for the help, appreciate it. Stay safe. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. No problem, I’m not an electrician at all but I had a similar problem and that’s what I had to do , hopefully you can fix it without having to do that man

• Like Like x 1
  7. Same as Antdro. You’ve got to unplug some stuff and redirect them to another breaker so you stop blowing that one. Careful because I blew mine completely and it had to be repaired before it worked again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've had similar problems.
    My first solution was to run long extension cords from different circuits into my basement.
    But that's not a good solution, and I finally paid an electrician about $200 to add a dedicated circuit.

• Like Like x 2
  9. If the circuit is 15 amps it can only take 1800 watts before it trips the breaker. But you're only supposed to run it at 80% (1440 watts) if it's a continuous power draw. You can look at your electrical panel and see what sized breaker it is.

Oh yeah, and depending on the builder, the room's ceiling lights can be on the same circuit too. You'd probably have to count them as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rule of thumb is about 1500 watts on a circuit/breaker. You have wayyyyy to much on one strip--your heater is what is taking the most power!

• Like Like x 1