Grow Land

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by whatanoob, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I'm planning for my 2014 Season right now. So far the safest options I have for an outdoor grow would be either growing on public land (National Forests, Public Hunting Land, ect..) or leasing land from a timber company or businessman. 

Which would you guys do and why? 

2. #2 GOLDENBOY, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    Anything but your land. Make sure its low traffic. The more it sucks to get in the better it is. So if you have to walk 30 mins in crap, that's where no one wants to walk to get to your plants. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. what state

4. Southern States. I do a lot of hunting on public land and there are Game Wardens-Park Rangers that patrol frequently. It's possible to dodge them but that's just another risk. 

5. Then you know how much someone want to walk in a swamp up to ur knees looking for plants. I'm a gorilla grower myself. Canada is the same way and that's where I go. Lots of swamps I see are farly open but with great hiding spot. You can get great light time because they are so open. The one I go in to is about 1500 feet long and 700 feet wide.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I grew in a swamp in my neighborhood and the grow was about 300 yards from houses. Had 0 issues only things I saw were deer and poisonous snakes! But it was very scary trying to dodge people around their houses so I'm going more rural. Hopefully I can find a safe and secluded place and NOT have to do another swamp grow. 

Growing in swamps is great don't get me wrong but there's a reason nobody goes there...

7. Lol.. bahhh a little snake bit won't hurt no one.. nonono joking. I hear you man. It sucks ass but you just said something that makes me happy with a swamp grow. "No one goes in them for a reason". I don't know how bad the snakes are where you live, but here snakes don't hurt a bit. I wear hip high rubber boots where I go in, so I know no one will be taking a casual walk in there looking for a hunting blind. Most guys here are to lazy to do a real hunt. They just sit up a blind, feed the deer for a month or 2 then shoot them on first day of hunting.

8. That swamp you are talking about is to close to houses for me too.

9. Cottonmouth's are one of the worst snakes out there because they aren't afraid of humans. They will sit there and wait for you to pass or if you're unlucky.. walk right over them. I almost stepped on a 4 footer once but somehow managed to see it before I stepped into striking distance. 

Hopefully I can find land with a swamp in it and grow around that area, if not I'm planning on growing in an open field of tall native grasses where the plants can blend in. 

10. Yea I seen a show on them snakes. Scary stuff. Do they only live in wet lands?

11. Cottonmouths live around swamps and water. 
    Copperheads live in the woods and hate the water.
    Rattlesnakes like rocky areas or beaten down houses. 

Those are the 3 most common

12. Soo watch your step basically? But back on subject the native grasslands will work too. Old wood clearing will work too. Make sure they have lots of new growth on them.

13. Yeah that's my plan. Hopefully somebody with experience growing on public land (hunting land preferably) or growing on leases. I know sometimes timber companies will come in and burn or cut down trees but they'll send you a notice in the mail a couple weeks prior. 

14. Yea I don't know anything about where you live. I can only give you general info on what I've done here. The only thing I can say is to make sure you get at least 6 hours direct light

15. how many plants, pots or ground

16. 10-20 plants. Started indoors and transplanted into the ground around April-May. 

17. are you worry about the smell?

18. It's going to be out in the back woods. I will be the only person on the lease ideally unless I have trespassers or the guys that I'm leasing the land from want to go on it for whatever reason.  The grow will be miles from anybody's house. 

19. Your still on land tied to u. Thats a no no for someone that don't want to get busted

20. he still hasn't put a clear question out yet.