Grow Kit Advice (UK)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by glasgowcanuck, Jan 6, 2013.

1. #1 glasgowcanuck, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Hey all,

Sorry for posting yet another one of these threads. Hoping someone can have a quick glance and see if what I'm about to buy is a good shout/offer alternatives etc. Would have liked to spend a bit less as I don't really plan on growing a huge amount. Just for the occasional smoke - I really don't want my money going to the usual douchebags.

Hoping 250w should be adequate. Planning to grow 2 plants at a time. Even if I go to 4 would this be suffice? Obviously more is better, but with the increased running costs I'd rather not go to 400w if I don't have to ..especially when I'm not too concerned about yield. Would be more for variation.

Dark Room 100x100x200 600D Grow Tent (£69.99)
    link

4" In Line Fan + Carbon Filter (£59.99)
    link

250w Grow Light (£75.94)
    link

Nutrients (£14.95)
    link

Grow Medium (£14.50)
    link

Thanks

2. #2 Noam Chongsky, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    £69.99 seems good for such a large tent - is it made by secret jardin?

I always buy from this guy - the owner is called Mark and he's a really nice guy - products have arrived broken in the past and he just replaced it immediately with no questions -

I could have quite easily been lying and actually had two of the items on quite a number of occasions - but im too honest for anything like that.

I would also strongly recommend against using Canna unless you have quite a bit of experience - as i found out when i started growing -

Have you looked at advanced nutrients grow-micro-bloom PH perfect. you mix it in a 1-1-1 ratio throughout the plants life -

Its a little bit cheaper than Canna.

Also you dont need to worry about PH.

I find it gives you more control than canna IMO

GROW TENT KIT 1.2M, 600W LIGHT, FAN, FILTER, DUCTING, CLIPS, DUAL SPECTRUM BULB | eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advanced-...arden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item2c68a91f9f

3. Hey, thanks for the response.

I had originally planned to buy a kit from Mark actually, however I saw a lot of comments saying that the kits had a few good components but things like the filters/extractor fans had been overlooked. On the plus side though - ordering from one seller means one delivery and a whole lot less hassle.

I was under the impression that the brand of the tent was 'Dark Room'. Originally I was looking at the Secret Jardin tents. Would you recommend?

I've not really go much knowledge about nutrients to be honest. I had looked at Vita Link but saw somewhere the Canna stuff was a good start. I'm quite a bit overwhelmed by the choice, options and conflicting information. Giving me the fear that I'll never get this sorted ;)

Cheers

4. Canna seems like the obvious choice and i used them for a long time but i would seriously recommend you try the advanced nutrients

The 250 lamps is excellent btw - i didnt realise but that is the exact same one i bought.

The filter in this kit is medium good - its not a Rhino filter but it's pretty good - the fan is very powerful but a little bit noisy

Iif your ordering off Mark then i'm your man for advice because i'v practically had one of everything hydrosupermarket sells at some point in the past.

Have you seen the Rot Stop product they sell?

Its made from soil bacteria at its brilliant stuff - smells a bit funky at first but i spray it in my propagator and everything.

5. I'll give the advanced nutrients a go in that case. Thanks for the tip!

I had heard of the Rhino filters. I was looking at them when I was pricing up each component individually. They seem expensive ..worth the extra cost if I were to replace the one in the kit from hydrosupermarket do you think?

If you were in my position which kit would you go for in that case? I can only see myself growing 2 plants but I'd like the option to go to 4 if need be. More for variety rather than yield. I'm conscious of the power consumption and seen as it's only going to be myself enjoying the fruits of my labour I don't particularly want to go over the top.

I am a bit concerned about the fan noise actually. I'm going to be placing this all in a spare room. Do you think I am likely to be able to hear it in the room next door or from the hallway with the door closed?

Not heard of Rot Stop before. I see it's concentrate so do you just spray it all over pretty much everything and it protects you from bud rotting?

Cheers!

6. A cannabis plant can have over a pound of dry weight cannabis on it - The number of plants wont really effect your yield - the deciding factor for yield is how much light+co2 you can get to your plants.

2 plants will basically have the same amount of bud on them as four plants - given that they must share the lights.

The filter which comes in the kit is about 2 thirds as effective as the same sized rhino equivalent - i would just buy the kit and then save up for a rhino - the filter in the kit will work fine for a good while IMO

then again - if your super smell concious then go for something bigger - something that can filter 300m3 of air an hour for example.

The rot stop product is diluted and sprayed onto plants and work surfaces - it has a bacteria in it which is harmless to plants and humans - but it kills botrytis blight and powdery mildew.

you'l almost certainly be able to hear a faint noise yes. you can put a box around your fan and cut holes for the tubes - put a cushion in the box to dampen to noise/vibration - you can also buy acoustic tubing which helps significantly.

i just got a new fan off ebay that is super quiet - really impressed with it - it wouldnt work very well with a filter though - this is it -

MANROSE QUIET FAN QF100S 4" STANDARD EXTRACTOR FAN 27db AT 3M LOW ENERGY 4.8W | eBay

7. Cool, thanks for the advice!

I opted for this kit and the nutrients you recommended and rot stop.

Gonna see how the fan etc is and maybe look into a solution if need be.

Thanks again!

8. Sweet, looks like I've opted for near enough the same as that - cheaper tent and lower wattage.

Getting excited now haha..

Cheers

9. I will warn you in advance! If you don't have cool air entering the room then you will have temp problems. To the best of my ability and funds I have only just managed to get mine done to average 28-30c

10. Wow that's crazy. Hoping the 250w will make things a bit easier for me. Had mould issues in one of the bedrooms a few months back. Hoping this won't cause me hassle in the grow room :-|