Grow Journel

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cody227, Apr 25, 2011.

1. FFOF is packed with nutrients that's why im assuming his plants are doing so well, but in my experience the soil only has enough nutes for 6 weeks then u can add the nutes. So i dunno. Anyway keep up the good work OP next time you grow you might wanna invest in some nutes or go organic. It might help in yeild or quality, but your definatly not lacking in the quality department :wave:

2. Thanks man. Been looking for some freaking input!:hello: I realized they were all probably female, and I decided even if I do end up with a hermie who cares. Got some amazing news. I just secured the last of the Manga Rosa seeds in the known world. Hows that for makin my day. If anybody knows what that is, message me and I will tell you the story

Mine smell way wierd. Lookin amazing though so I hope the smell comes along the next three weeks.

3. Ive heard of that, beautiful Sativa dominant right? sounds like good stuff....start cloning, keep genetics alive. To bad no one ever thought to clone the Dodo bird :confused_2: wouldn't mind having that still around :cool:

4. #104 wanabegrenthumb, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
    subscribed! way cool dude way cool!

5. Who needs cloning! The seeds arent feminized, so with 12 seeds I will just keep the best male and best female together to give me another thousand seeds. I am not even going to try to grow it until I am much more experienced, I just got lucky and got the last of them. Will keep you posted when I start to grow them. :D

6. No one, of course. However, growing from seed - add two weeks minimum and HOPE it's female.

Harvest weed two weeks sooner KNOWING its a female in advance - priceless.

Who needs cloning? Unless you have two weeks to throw away when you don't have to, (and possibly much more if all seeds went male) YOU need it :)

7. Your not essentially wasting 2 weeks when going from seed. It takes 1 week or so to even get a clone fully rooted sometimes. If you also didn't pick a strong enough clone it's a pain in the butt. Going from seed is essentially better then going from clone at times.

I do both. Going from seed is a wonderful endeavor, you feel so accomplished after a harvest 80days ;)

8. The point is to have the clones rooted and healthy by the time you're ready to start a new run. That's where the time is saved. You start your grow INSTANTLY at week 3 or so.

I actually don't need to save the time, but I had numerous "critical moments" in the path from seed to final pots, and eliminating those pitfalls isn't such a bad thing either.

So I reckon there's two solid ways to look at it, and to each their own depending on how they value their time.

Now, everyone hit this shit :bongin: and on we go :)

9. So you can't prepare seeds ahead to save time as well?

10. #110 Cody227, Jun 18, 2011
    Yeah I think its alot of personal preference. Seeds are good and cheap if you want to try out different strains and dont want to spend alot on clones and you can ship seeds in the mail. You can't really go wrong with seeds unless you get male... They arent the best but if all else fails...
    Clones are awesome if you want to keep your genetics. If I bred my own great strain, i would have clones everywhere. Seeds you can do it too, but it decreases potency in the bud having seeds in it. Also already knowing sex is good, but you can buy fem seeds....
    Not sure if ones better than the other, but if your doing clones, its good to have extra seeds around anyways and I know you do Ock, rocking the freebies i noticed :D

11. #111 OckhamsRazor, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You totally can. The question is why? If I offer you a free seed or a free healthy plant that is two weeks old and is definitely female, you want the seed that might be male and might not make it from seedling to veg phase?

Like I said, to each their own - some like to pop beans - I do myself. I'm particularly fond of photos of seedlings aka baby photos :). Healthy clones have no chance of being male. If they are clones from your own plant (some buy clones - I doubt I would) then you know what they like and what they don't already. The chances of plant failure are infinitesimal when growing from a known clone compared to a seed.

And let's put the last fact into the mix. From what I read, a second grow from a clone produces higher yields AND potency because the plant is more mature when it gets to flower. Remember that the clone remembers and maintains the age of it's mother. I'd think someone growing micro would think about that above all else. Micro plants rarely get to mature as they would like because you have to send them to flower so soon. A clone in a micro set up would produce more bud than one from a seed if what I read is correct.

I ain't arguin that one is "better" than the other - obviously whatever makes you happy is what is better. As my name might indicate, simplicity makes me happy. I think clones take a lot of guess work out of things, and yield better, but I'll test that on the same strain and let ya know if I found out that the age thing really makes a big difference.

12. I get more enjoyment from seed that's all I am really getting at.

13. I get what you are saying. I liked your post above because I concede that growing from clones can have huge advantages. But think about what has happened to the plant over the last 30 years. We have lost thousands of years of genetics because people only cared about yield and time. Now amazing strains like acapulco gold, panama red, manga rosa, columbian gold, and a million others are gone. Legend. I like to grow from seed, and plan on doing it, because I can let nature take its course once in a while, harvest tons of seeds, and then step back in and get exactly what I want. I am getting a hold of some cts, manga rosa, and brazilian green from the last seller I can find anywhere that sells these seeds. He gave tons of time and effort to save these strains from the abyss, and singlehandedly gives us some of the best sativas in the world, and has to go out of business now because people would rather buy the black white super hashgift bullshit from Europe. I love weed, I love all of it, and I respect the hard work of so many people who clone, learn genetics, and devote their life to this plant. I just think more of us should be trying to preserve or give back to the thousand year old genetics that all of that other stuff is based on. You cant do that cloning. Holy shit, sorry bout that long rant, I woke up ten minutes ago and smoked two bowls out of my dragons breath. It was dark as shit outdoor grown gd purp. I am gooooooone :D:D:D:D

14. Its really not one or the other, Its both. If not for seeds...then the chicken wouldnt have laid the egg, if not for cloning, bud wouldn't be what it is today as far as quaility, quantity, and genetics. Its pretty equal to me. I awe at just the fact that you can clone something....its cool to think that you can create a masterpiece of genetics and keep them alive for however long you want. Also alot of people who breed for seeds, start out cloning a male and a female for more stable genetics, so alot of good seeds out there like on attitude and whatnot-might have come from clones lol. Idk...I like both...ranting just like Maconha due to same reason :D

15. Just wanted to give you a heads up... If you email a moderator for the Indoor Grow Journal section they can change the name of your thread.

16. Day...37 of flowering and they are looking good.

Looks like 50/50 clear/cloudy as of last night. Judy is starting to turn a tad bit purple in some of the leaves :). Im assuming its genetics and cold nights doing it. Nothing bad at all, looks pretty cool in person. Some of the lower fan leaves are starting to wilt a little bit which means harvest should be sooner rather than later :hello:

I tried to get s pic of some of the purple...didnt turn out to well but ill post anyways :D Also for some reason whenever I take pics of Judys top I get the flowering light color and with Marlenes, I get the opposite even though there is more flowering lights than veg and its equal for both plants... :confused:

Photo0224.jpg

Photo0225.jpg

Photo0226.jpg

17. Tunage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9yB5PyI1w]YouTube - ‪Bob Dylan - Hurricane (original)‬‏[/ame]

:cool:

18. Dude your plants looks so good! I can only hope mine look that good at day 37.

19. #119 Cody227, Jun 18, 2011
    Thanks man, they're even better in person...And they're super sticky, if I barely touch one of the buds, my fingers stick together like superglue, then I end up trying to lick it off then lick my lips which gets my lips stuck together and so on...