Grow Journal - *Northern Lights*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RadagastTheStoned, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Welcome to day 1.
    Seeds finally arrived after a long-ass wait and they turned out to be different strains than what i ordered; they gave me Northern Lights and Neville's Haze instead of Liberty Haze and Cherub Rock. Just whacked the NL into some coco/perlite with my Mars II 400W and now its back to the waiting game :|
    If you read this and you have grown NL before, what is it like to grow? Flowering time? How much will she stretch in flower? As you can see the pic reads "Critical NL A" which may mean something else, i dunno... If you can decipher then lemme know, cheers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Im doin royal queens northern lights autos now ment to be good yeildin plants up2 a meter tall

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3. Oh the 'A' must mean auto-flower x| Interesting, this will be my first auto grow - time for some research.

4. If autos leave lights on 20 on 4 off after 4 to 5 weeks u will know if autos cos will be flowering by then

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

5. Day 2.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Day 3.

Attached Files:

7. Day 4.
    Left cotyledon appears to have curled down, most likely due to fluctuations in humidity.

Attached Files:

8. If it is an autoflower be gentle when transplanting it and definitely put it in its final pot next transplant. My current grow my special queen I believe the cotyls were both pointed down like that but the fan leaves were fine and I saw no other issues with her so I wouldn't sweat it. Good luck

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

9. It is an auto-flower. Is there anything else i should do differently than a photo-period grow? Can i top and lst?

10. Most auto growers prefer to just LST as to not stress the plant to much but I know there are a few around grasscity that have topped autos to compare and claimed they didn't notice much of a difference yield wise. I personally haven't grown an auto though so you may want to wait for others to chime in... but I mean just take care of her and I'm sure she'll give you a good harvest.

11. Day 5.

Attached Files:

12. Day 6. 2nd set of true leaves visible. After tomorrow updates will be bi-weekly/weekly.

Attached Files:

13. Day 7. Gave a 1/4 dose feed.

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. don't do that this early!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah but it's no nearly as bad as soil loaded with nutes such as fox farms if you think about it lol. Just my opinion. And Im assuming its coco I know his last post was about a coco grow at least.

16. Yea in coco they need light feedings from this stage onward.

• Like Like x 1
  17. well, ok but i start 'em off in seed-starting soil and can't imagine it being much different nutrient-wise.
    but i thought ffof would be too hot to start 'em in but people are doing it and plan to try it myself next time.

*edit: the stuff in ffof is organic... what's in those nute bottles most likely ain't... does that matter?

18. It's up to the grower and if being organic is what they are set in doing I ld guess... and man I'd honestly cut the ffof with perlite and something a bit lighter... at least for the first container or two they are In. On quiet a few of my plants it can be pretty hot but other strains take it okay it's a crap shoot imo. But you shouldn't need any veg nutes while using ffof lol it's hot. Honestly if you transplant right you shouldn't need nutes until later on in flower in my opinion.